Y'all,
Last week or so, we were all talking about Aunt Zeph. Susan has all of the papers from Lala that she and Granny (Cushen, MamaCush) typed about our family tree. About that same time, Nathan sent an email to Susan and me asking about some family history. (Now, what did I tell you about coincidence?) He had found some stuff about Elijah Stith Cusenbary and wondered what we knew.
Susan dug through her house and found the papers and a picture of Aunt Zeph with her students. I'll get it scanned in tonight, if I can. She and Nathan have been teasing each other with little bits of information. Then today, this is the email that I got from Nathan:
Here's what else I found on the e-webs:William Deupree (1759-1854) had a son, Overton Deupree (1798-1832).Overton married Mary Cheatham, and they had a lot of kids. One of the kids was Mary Elizabeth Deupree (1825-1920). Overton died for some reason. Mary Cheatham was remarried to a Daniel Parsons who already had a son, Joseph George Parsons (1823-62). Mary Deupree and Joseph Parsons decided to get married. Before Joseph was killed at the Battle of Corinth (Civil War), they had a son named John Edwin Parsons (1858-1947). He married Martha McLaren (his second wife), and they had a daughter named Ida Fay. She met a good looking guy named Daniel Cusenbary, and y'all know the rest.
Isn't that cool? He's going to pick up where we all left off. I'm so excited.
Also, Nathan checked out the blog and said he was impressed that we were all so savvy. How about that?
Martha, keep us posted on Kay...or get her to post herself. Hee.
I will be in Lubbock tomorrow and Friday. I'll see John and Bula tomorrow night and we're going to "waller" in the blog. Bula will set us all straight. Diane, don't be jealous!
Love you,
Candy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
At one point a while back I had looked around the net for Cusenbary and all that info on Elijah Stith showed up - thought it was so cool. Last year we got the Family Tree Maker software for Chuck, but he's never loaded it on his computer so maybe one of these days I'll get around to it. His brother has been researching all their geneology (sp) for years and is quite grumpy sometimes about Chuck not wanting to play along - ha! I have the geneology book that MamaCush kept in a black binder with all her notes and that's another one of those projects that I need to work on - Wade would like copies. It's very interesting now that we are older, but when they were all so immersed in it and going to libraries we were just so not into it at all! Did any of y'all ever get around to getting into DAR or DOC? I'd like to think that we would still have that option if one of our daughters ever wanted to investigate it, but I have no idea how all that works. Sure wish I'd paid more attention to listening to some of the family stories and of course, should have paid attention in history class, too. I think it's exciting that Nathan is checking it all out for himself- that is great news!
Celeste
Oh Cis, do I have place for you to come. All of Moma's and Lala's papers are here in the file cabinet at the house. I would LOVE for someone to come take them (you can have the file cabinet too)There are a few things of mine that I would keep but I really want someone to have them and Keri has no place for them. We were all in the Dar but I haven't kept my membership up because of cost. Moma and Lala both belonged and I think Bula atill has her membership and all the stuff to join is in these papers. PLEASE feel free to come and go through them and on top of that you get to visit with me!!!!!! Love, Jody
Thanks for the invite, Jody - of course, I'd love to see you any time! I just don't know if I'm willing to make a commitment to joining, but since it is part of our heritage, I just hate to see it all fall by the wayside. I'm still holding on to the hope that one of these days, someone's daughter or a daughter in-law might become interested enough. I'll definitely try to at least check it all out - thank you!
Celeste
Post a Comment