My Saturday morning was spent cleaning closets---getting out the winter clothes and putting away the summer ones. Do you have different sizes of clothes? The last time I lost weight, I gave away all my "fat clothes", but then I gained it all back again and had to shop for new ones. Now I wear "fat clothes" but I have all these really cute smaller things that I want to wear again someday....so I broke down and boxed them all up so the clothes I can wear are the ones in my closet. Once the kids moved out, I had taken over their closets, so there were three closets to clean out. At least I pared them down to two--one for summer and one for fall---with lots packed in boxes and lots to give away to CCA.
Ronnie, Ben and I went to see the new James Bond movie this afternoon. Daniel Craig is a pretty good Bond, but there'll never be a better one than Sean Connery!
I found that I had some more recent pictures from a Cusenbary reunion, so I'll share.
Hope you have a restful weekend!
Love you all, Martha Ann

Sue, Cathy, Dorothy Dan and Hazel with Cynthia Layfield and me standing.
The only one I recognize here is my mother standing in the middle. Any help on the others?.jpg)
Also, had to throw in one of our oldest and his family---Brandon, Jenni and Dylan from their vacation to Destin this summer.
8 comments:
Martha,
The lady in the button down shirt-waist dress in picture two is my Nana, Pearl Owen.
I laughed out loud when you were talking about fat clothes. I bet I have three sizes in my closet right now. One size that is comfortable (read "fat") - one that is stylish (read "tight") - and one that I purchased for when I lost the last 5 pounds. HA!! I can't wait to get into those jeans, but it just isn't working for me right now.
Susan and I were talking about your front bedroom in the house in Graham. Did you have that room to yourself by the time you were in high school? I was telling Susan that I always thought you were "cool" because boys would drive by your house and honk the horn. Isn't it funny what makes an impression?
How long did Sister live with you guys? I don't remember her very much.
We also saw James Bond today. I don't remember breathing too much during it. Susan was making funny noises during the fight scenes. Steve was telling me how the scene in the church (lots of glass, scaffolding, ropes, etc) was filmed in one session. Wow!
-Candy
Martha and Candy - doesn't everyone have several sizes of clothes in the closet? I thought that was just the natural order of things - lol! I did, however, finally donate some of the sizes that I know I'll never be again because I don't even want to try to get there again - I like to eat!
Martha, you're so right about the blogging being so much fun. While we all played together when we were little, then we all just went our own ways as we grew up (save for siblings), so now it's great for the cousins to get re-acquainted again and it's so interesting.
For the last several years, Lala was my link to the rest of the family and she pretty much kept updated on all the marriages, the babies, etc., but other than that, I don't really know much about any of my cousins, so hey - it's nice to meet you all! LOL! Now that we are realizing we are the old folks of the family, we need to put forth a little more effort to keep the family ties that bound our parents, aunts,and uncles all together into an amazing collection of wonderful people. Looking at all the old photos that y'all are posting makes me so nostalgic and brings back so many wonderful memories of the fun that we had, especially in that big back yard and oh, going through that dusty old garage. Fun.
Thanks for sharing!
Celeste
Celeste, you're right about not knowing the cousins as well as we should. I wish that our kids had had the opportunities to know their cousins like we did growing up. Times are changing.
Candy, I agree about not breathing much during the movie! So much action---was it just me or did you find it hard to understand what they were saying some of the time? I wonder if I need hearing aids!
Yes, I did have that room to myself by the time I got to high school. I painted it the brightest shade of pink you can imagine. I'm not sure how I went to sleep at night---it was so bright!
Well, I guess I'll try to watch the Cowboys and the Redskins game. It's half time, so I took a little break.
Hey Martha! Someday I'll clean out MY closets then I'll report on how many sizes I own.
Hey Candy! Whaddaya mean making funny noises during the fight scenes? I resemble that remark!
Hey Celeste! Bill and I knew secret passageways and hiding places around and about that old garage. But we'll never tell .. probably because we can't remember.
Susan
... and Brandon's family is beautiful!
Susan
Martha, that isn't Cynthia in the picture..... Actually, it is Jan Jones, who was a high school friend of mine, who came to Graham with me that day.
Martha, yes it is a shame our kids don't know one another at all. My kids are beginning to know my cousins - finally, from some of the recent reunions. From what I can recall, and we cannot count a whole lot on what I can recall - ha- is that we stopped having reunions for a long time. I seem to remember hearing someone at one time say that having all the people in the house at one time by that point made Mrs. Cush (as Daddy called her) sort of nervous and wore them all out. I can definitely see how that might be, but any way for a long time our reunions sort of ceased to be until we started back with the one in WF in Candy's back yard back in eightysomething. When the kids are teenagers and busy with all their activities, it's hard for extended families to get together so that's why we spent so many years apart. At least that's my take on it. I'm glad that we are making the efforts now and I do hope that if our children don't get involved at some point, they will still learn how important the family was and is to all of us. I hope that makes some sense. I'm excited to report that I've heard from Michael that he has at least checked the blog, so let's give him some points for that. He will probably never comment, but hey, at least he did check it out - lol!
Celeste
Susan, did your daddy tell you about the pigeons in the garage? One of them, Uncle Dan or my Daddy, were trying to raise pigeons or something like that - I never got the story straight and would love to know. Yep, all sorts of fun hidey places in there and it broke my heart to see it torn down. But, yeah, I couldn't remember any of those secret passages myself any more - ha! It was sure a fun place to hunt for treasures, though.
Celeste
Post a Comment