Wednesday, November 19, 2008

As Promised!

Presenting Zephyr Rose Cusenbary, 2nd grade teacher in 1909. The back of the card says "Don't I look handsome (?) standing up in the middle?"

This handsome dude is Elijah Stith Cusenbary with his mother, Cecelia Cogswell and wife, Mary Catherine Hopper Cusenbary.
Lucky we all got our good looks from Elijah. Don't the women look dour?

check out Lala's neat handwriting.
Candy











2 comments:

Celeste said...

Those are wonderful post cards/photos, Candy! I don't remember ever seeing that one of Aunt Zeph with her students, so that is especially dear. I always thought she was funny when she got started talking. Wish my memories weren't so faded, but at my age, what isn't?
Celeste

Celeste said...

Looking closer at those pictures, hardly anyone is smiling, but how could they in those uncomfortable looking clothes? Yikes! That collar on Aunt Zeph looks like it was starched and would surely be choking the life out of me. Love the faces of the children - again, thank you for sharing.
Celeste - again