Monday, November 3, 2008

Another cute grandchild!


Just couldn't resist because Candy's picture of Owen is so cute! While I still haven't conquered the card reader to upload a new photo from my current pictures, here's one of Caden that was taken by Amanda's phone last spring, I think. You can't really tell a whole lot about how adorable she is from the photo, but you can see that we are indulging her in my passion for horses. This is at the pasture that's at the end of the street in our development and to Caden, as it was to my kids when they were little, this is part of "horsie road". Also, like when the kids were small, it's a big treat to stop and pet the horses or give them peppermints. We take carrots on occasion and the horses and Caden have a lot of fun. The gentleman who helped Caden get on the horse leases the pasture and was very kind that day to let us play!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my goodness, Caden is getting big! It seems like yesterday that we were carrying her around at Sandersons. Keep the pictures coming!
Susan

Candy said...

Horses...cool. My only exposure to horses was at Camp Letoli in St. Jo. That was a wonderful experience.

Celeste said...

Y'all didn't know that I was absolutely horse *crazy* when we were little?! Oh, my, yes - I was pretty bad. Of course, I managed to grow up and suppress it for many years, until Sherami came along and appeared to have inherited the gene - it was like deja vu. Now that my kids are grown I've come full circle and I'm a horse crazy old lady - lol! Caden has picked it up and she acts like she loves horses, too so we'll see how far it goes. One thing Estelle told me a long time ago, is that she was the same way when she was little and MamaCush always told her they'd talk about it when she was 14 whenever she asked for a horse. By 14, she wasn't interested any more, but I guess I never really did outgrow it. Kept it hidden a long time, but never really outgrew it. Silly me, I still ask Santa for a horse every year, but he still says no.
Celeste