Saturday, November 1, 2008

On Being Technically Challenged

Ok, here goes my confession. I've been trying since I got on the blog earlier...oh, maybe 3 hours ago, to get the pictures off my camera uploaded to the computer so I could post Caden's cute little Pocohontas costume. Needless to say, my efforts have been fruitless. Arrrrrrrgggggghhhhh! Or however you say that in computer-speak! Since this is a family friendly venture, I won't type what I've *really* been saying to this hunk of machinery that's beyond my understanding. Just let me quit by saying that Caden really did look cute all dressed up for Halloween as Pocohontas! Hopefully I'll figure out the computer/pictures thing before next year!

Oh, just fyi, the last I heard, which was lunch with Wade yesterday, it could be any time soon for Marisa's little boy to get here!

Love to all!
Celeste

2 comments:

Candy said...

Irritating, isn't it? I am patiently (not really) waiting for pictures of Owen as a duck. He went to his great grandparents house in Choctaw and then to a family party. I haven't heard how long he kept his costume on, but I'm betting it came off soon after they arrived at the party. Save the pictures from your computer to a file called "my pictures". They you can browse for saved files to post while you are typing. If you need a computer hot line, call me. 940-692-9841 If I can't do it, Steve can.
Candy

Celeste said...

Thanks, Candy! I can't wait to see the pics of Owen as a duck either - sounds so cute.

I can pretty much figure out how to post the pictures to the blog or whatever, my problem was the card reader to get the pics off the camera. It used to work just great and that's how I had uploaded all the digital pics to the computer in the past. It seems like since my hard drive died a year or so back and I got a new Geek squad one, I had not used the thing. Short version - now the stupid thing won't work. The computer recognizes the device, but the device won't read the camera card. Grrrrrrrr! I'm going to wrestle with it more later, but if that fails again, I'll go look for a new card reader - lol! I'll definitely keep the phone number handy, though - hahaha!

Celeste