Monday, November 10, 2008
Jody the Elder of the Clan
Well, hurrah for me -- it only took me eleven tries to finally get on!!!! I hope all of my sweet cousins are doing good and feeling well. I think most of you know that I've been on Weight Watchers for almost a year now and I've lost 45 lbs. so far. Moma was really proud of me. After I had my knee replaced and could get around better but something was still wrong. Keri had a friend at the bank who was on WW and she got me a bunch of stuff off the 'puter and then I talked with Candy and she and Susan really helped me. I think most of you know also that Keri's eldest, Eden, has moved in with me. It was just too lonesome here with Moma gone. Anyway it has worked out very well. We also got a dog. Her name is Angel and she is very sweet. She was found by a friend of Keri's at the bank - she had been dumped and was very thin - you could see her ribs - but we've got her looking really good now. Haven't had the cash to get her to the vet yet but will soon and certainly want to get her fixed. Eden is working at United now, Sonic just wouldn't work with her school hours and her drama class commitments. She likes her new job a lot so that is good. I went to the Boda's Sat. night for my birthday supper. My request had been Mexican Cornbread and Red Beans. I know - it's not WW but when it's your birthday you can (and should splurge). And beside that, there was CHEESECAKE, 'nuf said. Where are all of you going for Thanksgiving? I understand from Bula that Marisa had her baby and he's sweet! (and we would expect that, it's a given) Now that means that we need pictures, Wade. Can you believe thatit's time to start Christmas shopping. I do love Christmas so but this year will be bitter-sweet. I love all of you guys, keep us posted on going-on. (Not that we are nosy but hey, we are LOL) Jody
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Look at you - posting on a blog. What is this world coming to?
What did Marisa name our new little boy? Do you have details?
Amanda is having her precious boy on Christmas Day. Caden is pretty happy, Celeste says.
Happy Birthday to you...and me...and Martha...and John. Who else?
Candy
Welcome, Jody!! Yippeeeeee! I am so proud of you! Who thought we'd be bloggers when we grew up?! I'm still not exactly sure what a blogger is, but I guess we're doing it - lol! Glad to hear you had a great birthday, too! I knew it was in November, but wasn't sure of the date any more - oldtimers' memory lapses, you know. HA!
All the good news about WW is wonderful and I'm proud of you for that, too. Way to go! I need to get some exercise, but if it's not one excuse it's another. Might have something to do with too much time at the computer - nah! LOL!
I've been hoping to get more details from Wade and/or Marisa before I made a posting about the baby. All I know is that he was born on Thursday, November 6 and his name is Sullivan Wade Patteson. I am hoping Marisa will send pictures and/or other info soon and I'll post it as soon as I know.
Celeste
Yeah, MOM!!!!! WOOHOO and Finally!
Yes, this Christmas is going to be sad, but so has every Christmas since my Daddy died. The kids help us through it all.
Mom is looking GREAT! I wish I had a photo to post, maybe soon.
Hey Jody the Elder! We're all proud of you for your WW achievements. Let me know if you want to borrow my fat-free cheesecake recipe. Stop wrinkling your nose - it's really good! I can attest to this fact.
Susan the Attester
Post a Comment