Well, Family,
Matt went out of town and Rachel asked me to stay with her for the four nights that he wouldn't be in town. I dragged myself up there (yeah, right) and watched Owen from Wednesday to Sunday morning. What a good time I had! The kids (Do ya'll do that? Our children are "the kids" and their kids are "the babies") had tickets to the Celtics game in OKC so Matt was chomping at the bit to get to the game. He was all decked out in his Boston gear...green Celtics shirt and a Red Sox hat. True fan. I shoved them out the door and started playing with the baby. He is just so sweet. He is walking so he has to be followed everywhere because he is CUR-I-OUS!!! If it has a knob, he can pull up on it; if it can be opened, look out!
One of his favorite toys is the magnet that opens all of the locked cabinets and doors. On Friday morning, Rachel and I were unable to find it. We searched high and low. We looked under chairs, behind cabinets, in baskets, in toy chests. No magnet. Luckily Rachel has a spare or we wouldn't have been able to wash the dishes. and the down side is...? On Saturday afternoon, we came home from shopping and put Owen down in the living room. He began his patented "cammo crawl" from the kitchen to the couch. He dug around under neath like a dog with a missing toy...(you already know where this is going, so why don't I stop here?) HA! Psyche!! He came up with the magnet, right where he had put it. So proud because we were clapping for him and squealing like fans at a rock concert.
I would post a picture of Mr. Precious, but his momma and I didn't take one new picture while I was up there. Bummer. She says she has some new ones to share so I'll get them on here as quickly as I can.
On a more serious note, did you guys know that Lauren Dowdle's mother died? Lauren, Bill and Levi went back to her home for the services. They ask for our prayers, but no flowers, please. Cards would be nice. Lauren and Bill, you are in our prayers.
Love you all,
Candy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
No pictures of your week with Owen? I'm speechless... umm .... ahh .... well .... duh ... hhmm .... ahem .... er
Susan of No Words
That is pretty amazing! Several gigabytes of camera card could have been used, but I guess you just had too much fun playing to get the camera. Very cool!
Celeste
And I was sick so obviously not on my game!
-Rachel
Post a Comment