Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Elder again

Oh, I just love this blob!!!!!! Candy, much love and thanks for starting this. Martha, here is my take on the photos. In the first one I think that is Suzy instead of Sue. And in # 2 I think is Bula, Mrs. Owens, Aunt Margaret, Hazel and whomever! What do the rest of you think????? Celeste, try to get your kids and Marisa to blog once in a while. Does Nick have a 'puter --- would love to see some pictures. And is Wade's hand broken 'cause we've only heard from him once. And I hear that Diane's computer is in the hospital - hope it isn't terminal. Cathy, how about your girls. Would love to hear about life as a doctor and life in Alaska!!! Eden took me out to eat for lunch today because she missed my birthday (or rather, just got her paycheck) I picked the new Pizza Hut Cafe or whatever they call it. It was nice and clean and the buffet was good. Earlier in the week Keri had off for Veterans' Day and she took me out to the new Eastern Buffet (across from United where Vetoni's use to be). We let Floyd come too. It was good, I love rice and Sesame Chicken and Sweet & Sour Chicken. And they are telling us in the Graham Leader (and if it's in there it MUST be true---LOL) that a Huddle House resturant may be coming, located next (or close) to the new Holiday Inn Express that is being built on my side of town on the 380 ByPass. They think that will be really convenient for the people who come to the Arena events and the baseball games. I personally think it will be great when the Dowdle's come to visit. Hey. Deb!!! Need new pictures of the baby!!! And I know that somewhere out there in the great beyond Buster and Joyce and Melton and Mindy are somewhere. I've still not given up on the Dowdles and the EC Cusenbarys getting on line (if nothing else to defend themselves.) You know how Bula loves to visit. Let's all write Santa and tell him that they have been good girls and boys and really need a laptop each. ( well, just 1 to a family, that is). Eden has only worked two weeks at United but she got a free turkey so that is on our menu. We'll be at the Boda's since they have the new house. I guess all you former student of GHS have heard that Mrs. Pauline Jones passed last week. She was 92 and such an inspiration to all of us. I got to really know her when I went to work at GHS in the cafeteria. She loved my Raisin Bread -- always had to save her two slices. I went by Morrisons and signed the book. Nita was there so I was glad to see her. She had set out several of her mom's famous hats. I think Polly had over a hundred. It seemed so natural, just like the cologue that Keri did for Moma. Love to all of you and keep the blog a-going. Jody the Elder

4 comments:

Susan said...

Huddle House? We don't have one of those in the Falls. What kind of food does it serve?
Jody, in an earlier post you mentioned singing the Marine Corp Hymn for my daddy. Do you still remember the words? It's the first song I remember learning. "From the halls of monta zooma to the shores of triple - E!"

Susan

Owen and Isla's Momma said...

We will fight our country's battles, over land and over sea. First to fight for rights and freedom and to keep our honor clean. We are proud to claim the title-L of United States Marines!

-Rachel
Go ahead, be impressed now! [smile]

Jody Leming said...

Good for Rachel. I am very impressed. Owen is such a doll. Would love to see him (hint,hint!!!) Susan, the Huddle House is mainly in the east which is a part of the US I don't go to but I swear I have heard of them, maybe Spenser and Hawk ate at one in Boston. I assume they are like Denny's or Kip's Big Boy or IHop. Oh, I forgot I had to learn "The Cassions go rolling along" for Daddy,too.I'm not sure but I don't think the Air Force was separate from the army when Collie was in. I think they called it the Army Air Force. Check with the Collie! Love to all, Jody

Celeste said...

Jody, as best I can remember, when Daddy was in the service, it was the Army Air Corps and after WWII, the Air Force officially branched off. Oh, I just checked with Chuck, who knows all sorts of these military things, that this is correct. The Air Force did not officially branch off until 1947, so there you have it from the retired Army guy who always wished he had been in the Air Force - lol!
Celeste