Saturday, November 15, 2008
Candy's request for names in photos
Jody, the Elder here. This is what I figure on the photos Candy posted (hey correct me if I get someone wrong, please) #1 Pearlie Matthews (John's aunt), Bula, Granny, Sue and Lala. #2 Ricki, Suzy(?), Paschal, Jody, Rinda, Kay and Deborah. #3 J.E., Bob Stewart, Dorothy Dan. #4 Aunt Margaret, (?), Bobby Collier, Deb, Eugenia. #5 dark-haired girl- Cathy(?), Granddaddy, Lala holding Martha Ann(?), Edgar Steele (old family friend of Granny and Granddaddy's) #6 Lala holding Susan(?), Suzy, Granny (look at those hands on her hips!), Mrs. Owens, Candy. #7 I have absolutely no idea - woman holding baby sorta looks like Dorothy Dan. #8 Martha Ann (?), Collie, Pat (look at that sexy sundress!), Bobby and Clyde Owens with uke. #9 same as #6. Loved the photos of the new baby - Sullivan Wade, and Owen in his costume. And yes, Lala wouldn't be able to wait to get her hands on those two adorable babies. Isn't Collie just the cutest guy! And yes, he does look 14 in that one but oh so rugged and handsome in all his gear. And those three wonderful guys, my Uncle Dan, my Granddaddy, and my Uncle Collie (when I was little the guys would come home and I had to sing the Marine Hymn for Dannyand "Off We Go Into the Wild Blue Yonder" for Collie. (Iwas soooo talented!) LOL Someone please tell Keri how to put old photos like you guys did into this blog -- I've got some doozies. I love this blog and getting to hear from all of you. Cathy, you need to get Buster and Melton to get on. If we could just get John and Bula and Collie and Hazel to get a laptop we'd have it made because if I can actually do this, any one can. Love my cousins!!!!! Jody
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hey, Jody, I'm so glad you cleared up who was in the photo of the lovely ladies on the couch! Candy had suggested it might be Aunt Zeph, but I just wasn't getting my head around that idea. Yes, this blog is doing fantastic and I wish we could get some more of the youngsters on it, too. Gack! That really does make me sound like the old lady I am - the youngsters! Rachel and Keri are the only ones contributing so far and you are so right - I would love for Daddy and Estelle to share in on it too!
Oh, and as far as uploading the old photos, the only way I know how is to use the scanner to get them into your computer. If y'all have a scanner, you should be good to go and I *know* you've got lots of old pictures!
Celeste
OK, so Jody the ELDER sets us straight again...however, I think that the girl standing beside my Nana is...ahem...Jody the younger.
Also in the picture with Dorothy Dan in a chair, she is holding Bill Dan and I think that the blond that looks like Martha is Kay. Ha! Mostly because I KNOW that the baby is Bill and Martha is only 4 months older than Bill.
The tall lady standing up in that picture is Aunt Velma isn't it?
The baby that Lala is holding might be Martha or me, but the hair is too blond to be Susan. Susan had LOTS of dark hair. Also, we're looking at two different reunions unless Lala changed clothes before she picked up the next baby. Wardrobe malfunction?
Isn't this fun? Does anyone have a picture of Aunt Zeph?
Jody, tell Keri to buy a scanner. You'll love it. And you need it to add pictures to your blogs.
-Candy
Oh, and Jody, you DO so know some of the folks in #7. Your mom is peeping around. She's seated by Dorothy Dan.
Candy
I'm getting so confused now! I'll admit that it's not hard to mess up my mind, but I'll have to keep going back to the photos and back to the comments and maybe then it's going to sink in - ha!
Celeste
Well...Bula just set me straight. Martha Ann is a YEAR and four months older than Bill. She still can't be the little girl in the picture. I have other pictures from that same time and Diane is a new born, so Bill is just a year old (plus three months is the reunion was around Granddaddy's birthday as usual). Look out, Bill. I'm posting your pictures next. Hee.
Candy
Arrrgh! I'm going crazy here going back and forth between y'all's comments and the pictures and I don't know if I'm looking at #1 or #5.
Good luck figuring everyone out!
Susan
Hi! Keri just showed me how to comment on comments (?) I love this. I'll see about a photo of Aunt Zeph, I know Bula at least has one. Remember the armadilla sewing basket she had? I loved that. I remember spending the night with her in Murray and I gathered eggs. That's where I got my fear of fluttering fowl - that and the time ole hen that Granny had just wrung her neck, chased me back into the house!!! Nothing like a headless buch of feathers coming right after you to warp you for life!!! Jody
I have a picture of Aunt Zeph standing in the middle of the second-grade class she taught. But, alas I don't know how to make it magically appear on this blog.
Jody, Bula told me stories of spending the night with Aunt Zeph on the farm - kerosene lamps and wood fire, and something about 60 chigger bites on each leg. Staying with Aunt Zeph sounds dangerous!
Susan
hold 'em up. You know how to comment on comments? Share!!!
How did our kids get to be so smart?
Candy
Post a Comment