Thursday, November 27, 2008

BULA & JOHN

Hi all Cousins (first, once-removed and second). Just a note to let you all know that our John and Bula are feeling better. I called this morning and Bula said they were much better. The doctor seemed to think that it was a virus that is going around in the Lubbock area. They still threw away the turkey and the stuff they had eaten that night. She said they had a grilled cheese last night and cereal for breakfast. Diane and Don didn't go as was planned. He had come down with a cold and running fever and he didnot want to infect that Grandbaby!!! Diane said she just got her computer home from the hospital and will try to figure out how to do our blog. I just got home from the feast at the Boda's. Keri did such a good job (she loves to cook and likes to try different receipes) and I ate myself silly. Eden stayed with them because they have to do this again tonight at Floyd's folks. I plan to have 100 calorie popcorn. If I don't go to sleep first. Hope all of you had a super day today. God bless us everyone and thank God for those wonderful ones that aren't with us now, they are deep in our hearts! Love to all, Jody

3 comments:

Celeste said...

Thanks for the update on Estelle & John, Jody! I'm glad they are doing better, although I'm sure they are disappointed that Diane and Don couldn't make it. Sounds like you had a great feast at Keri's. We had lots of good food here as well, but disaster struck when the sink backed up when they were doing the cleaning up. Ugh! My sweet plumber son-in-law tried to get it fixed, but they didn't have the right tools, so Michael and Lance will come back to fix my sink when it stops raining. In the mean time, though - the kitchen is closed - yay!! Well, what's not to love about a turkey sandwich? LOL!

Looking forward to hearing from Diane! Love to all and I'm thankful for you all!

Celeste

Candy said...

We had a wonderful day. My mother-in-law (Carol), Susan and I cooked the meal. I worried at first that the turkey wasn't going to get done. It didn't fit into the roaster that I had planned for it, so it took up all of my oven space. I put the dressing in beside it when I thought there was about an hour to go. We threw the rolls in while the turkey was being carved. Susan brought roasted vegetables, sweet potato casserole and a fruit salad. Carol brought a veggie salad, two chocolate pies and a pecan pie. Jennifer made a pumpkin pie. She and her husband got in about 10:00. We put her straight to bed. She works nights at the local ER in Norman, OK. Tommy showed up the night before, so we had seven of us for lunch. It was really fun. There was a furious Chickenfoot tournament Thursday night then we all got some sleep. Anybody out there brave the crowds on Friday? Not me.
Rachel just called to tell us that Matt's grandmother Lila died this morning. Prayers for all of them, please.
Love you all and I'm thankful for you all,
Candy

Susan said...

I hadn't been aware that John and Bula were sick. I'm glad they're better now. Thanks for the update, Jody.

I'm glad everyone else had a great Thanksgiving. I, of course, ate myself silly. Too many pies...

Susan