Well, Dear Cousins,
Steve and I packed up and drove with Rachel, Matt and Owen to Austin to see Nathan walk the stage at Texas State University. I only cried once! They had the graduates walk in from the top of the stadium and fortunately we were about 10 seats away from the processional. We got some great pictures that I'll try to share. When he shook hands with the president, he pumped the air. I have to tell you, I felt the same. The school then took two professional pictures. One in front of the American flag draped over the school flag, then a second about 10 steps away from that one. Nathan struck a typical "Nathan" pose in front of the flags. He grasped the folder to his chest and turned his face to the right like Errol Flynn. He's so funny.
After the ceremony, we drove to Salt Lick bar-b-que. Really quaint place in the Driftwood area. It was all you can eat, family style. Yummy. It's hard to talk about right now because, one by one, we have all gotten sick except Rachel. Matt and Steve are much better. I am weak, but not nauseated any more. Nathan is also better and is driving to WF tomorrow for Christmas.
I hope your holidays are very merry and that you all realize the blessings we have in our family.
Love you,
Candy
8 comments:
WOW!!!! WAY TO GO, NATHAN!!! Oh, you guys, that is just wonderful. I'd like to think he got his smarts from the Cusenbary-Parsons side of the family. Bound to be. He looks so grown up. I haven't seen him since he was just a skinny teen!! Boy, I bet the girls are after him. (I'm sure he gets his looks from our side too!!!Dan & Sue are probably having a homemade ice-cream party in Heaven right now with all the folks. Love the pictures. Love to you all. Feel better soon. Love ya, Jody
Well, How did it publish twice??? Someone take one of the off please. (Do you suppose I'll ever learn this????) Jody
Gotcha fixed, Jody. Who knows how that works? Not me.
Candy
Congrats!!!! Oh, he looks so handsome and Nathan does too. LOL! How wonderful..... Thanks for sharing!
Yes, our Nathan is a handsome guy! And Owen is getting a glimpse of his own future. He's probably thinking "hmmm... wonder how I'll look in a cap and gown." Or maybe he just wants to play with the tassel.
Susan
Congratulations, Nathan! What a huge accomplishment! Candy, now Nathan is equipped with a great education so he can support you and Steve in your old age! You must be overjoyed! The pictures were fantastic--thanks for sharing.
Love ya, Martha
Nathan,
We are so very proud of you! Keep pushing the envelope, as we're sure you will.
Bill, Lauren, and Levi
Post a Comment