Thursday, December 4, 2008











Hi, y'all! I sent Candy some pictures of my older two granddaughters at Homecoming this year, for Argyle High School. She said to post them on the blog, so I guess I will. Homecoming outfits and mums have come a long way since the early 60's!!! Just to remind you, Kaylee is 17 and a senior, and Marisa is 14 and a freshman. Kaylee's boyfriend is Tyler, a junior and a really sweet boy. Words fail me in trying to express my thoughts regarding "the mum" Kaylee is wearing. Frankly, I don't know how it keeps from pulling the front of the dress off, and causing her humiliation and embarrassment that will last through countless class reunions in the future. Oh, well, I guess someone has engineering background and has figured out a way to avoid such calamities.

3 comments:

Celeste said...

Suzy, the girls are both absolutely beautiful. Like you, I'm not quite sure what to say about the *mum*. wow. I would think if it was pinned to your clothes, you'd have a hard time standing up straight, but what do I know? Times have sure changed.
Celeste

Candy said...

I remember when the big deal with mums was the addition of a "spirit ribbon" that was about 4 inches wide and had a glitter message on it. They were sold by the choir, I think, and could be bought early to take to the florists for mums. But then they only hung to the waist. I am proud of Kaylee's stature. She holds it well.

Cathy said...

Pretty, pretty girls, Suzy. The mum probably does weigh more than she does!!