Cousins and off-shoots,
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
We are still in a tizz from sharing part of Owen's first Christmas. My goodness, what a special time that was! As expected, an empty brown box was the hit of the morning. I THINK (wishful at this point) that he liked the stuffed giraffe with counting neck and ABC rings, but who can tell. He's happy with a magnet from the refrigerator. He's at his house now, waiting for Santa to come to good little boys...and I'm drinking coffee in the quiet of a nearly empty house. The quiet will be short-lived as we expect "phase two" to begin arriving this afternoon in the person of Tommy, followed by Jennifer and her husband, Reed the next day. Our holidays just go on forever. It's great. Happily, they do give me a chance to change the sheets and sweep the floor.
I can't wait to share my new hardcover picture book that Rachel and Matt made for Steve and me. It's all about Owen's first year. What a keepsake. Bula, I have a meeting in Lubbock in January. I'll bring it for you to see then. And, Cathy, I got two more place settings of "our china" from Steve. We can nearly have a dinner party. Woo-hoo.
Enjoy your day, dear cousins.
Love,
Candy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes, Christmas was fun in the Falls. But I have to add that while Candy was sipping coffee in between "phases" of visiting kids, Steve and I went to see Valkyrie. Nothing says Christmas like a jolly Hitler movie.
Merry Christmas, everyone!
Susan
Post a Comment