Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Losing a writer

I read in the paper this morning that one of my very favorite authors had passed away. Robert B. Parker was the writer of the wonderful private eye SPENSER series. I love those books - Uncle John also made them on cassettes for me and I have all of them except his last few books. He also wrote the Jesse Stone books - Tom Selleck does the tv movies. There was a tv series on SPENSER staring the late Robert Uhrich -they were good but not as good as his later tv movies with Joe Montaga (or however you spell it). You couldn't help but love the relationship between Spenser, his love - Susan Silverman and their best friend Hawk - what wit and humor. I feel like I've lost a friend.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so upset.I love his writing. We've lost a true artist. How sad.

Candy said...

Steve is sad too. He really likes his writing.
Candy

Celeste said...

I don't know if I've read the books, but I remember the tv shows. Sorry to hear about his passing.

Suzy said...

Oh, my gosh! No more Jesse Stone books??????? I love those even more than the Spenser ones. I hate that. My gosh.
Well, I guess I can quit waiting on the next Jesse book, though one is actually due out this year sometime. I hope it was finished.
My gosh, I sound awful - just hoping he finished the book.
**sigh**
I don't know what else to say.
Suzy

Unknown said...

I wish Parker's wife would let us know what Spenser's first name was....I already miss him.
I'm listening to "Sudden Mischief",(My fave) now.