

Before Brady turns two, I thought I'd better post a picture of his first birthday party. He was not a bit shy about getting into the cake at all. Of course, this grandmother thinks he's precious whether he's covered in cake or helping Amanda and Lance's doggies find their food. He relished the cake, which was served outside, with the older kids being able to decorate their own cupcakes. That was a great idea, Amanda! His Nana and Papa (Lance's parents) got him the coolest John Deere tractor thingy and that boy was instantly all over it. He probably won't be able to really ride or drive it for a while yet, but he is all about anything with wheels. Do we have another gear-head here? His Uncle Michael will have him helping out at the shop before long - hahaha! Caden and her friends and all the older kids (um, like Sherami and Michael and Amanda and Lance and Beth and several others) enjoyed the blow up, bouncy slide thing they rented. Kids' birthday parties are not like pin the tail on the donkey any more, it's a whole new era of specialty places or equipment. And no, this grandma did not even try it - ok, call me a chicken, but you love me any way. Ha!
3 comments:
Hey, Ces, you and I can be "ole hens" together - while I'd love to try it - I'm sure I'd hurt myself!!lol That little boy is sooo very precious - I just know Lala is looking down and wanting to get her hands on him and his cousins.She loved all us kids but really hankered for the babies. I'd loved to have seen her with those 3 little blond boys at Candy's at the reunion.
Let's hear it for birthday cake! Brady is such a cutie - thanks for posting the pictures, Celeste.
Susan
Isn't he adorable? No, you are not a chicken...just intelligent. Those toys come with age related stickers that tell old folks to Stay Off. Thanks for posting.
Candy
Post a Comment