Friday, December 4, 2009
WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, Where is everyone - oh, I know - FACEBOOK!!! Hey, let's not forget the blog. Celeste and I are the only ones that seem to be using it - I know folks are busy but we still need to hear from you. We've got lots of December birthdays coming up, let's not forget them. Much love to all of you and have a super holiday month. Love ya, Jody
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I've been out of town...and No, I'm not on Facebook. The idea of some offender's mom finding me through Facebook is daunting. Susan keeps me up with all the FB doin's though.
Candy
Lord yes, that would be scary!! I started going through the geneology stuff and there is a big Parsons file and a big Cusenbary file. I'd like for you & Susan or Diane or Cathy to have it - or there may be enough to divide it (wouldn't be a bit surprised). I thought maybe Suzy would take the Parsons file. What are your thoughts! OR should I just give everything to the Post Office Museum with the understanding that any family member can take the stuff out if they want it? Then, there are still all the photos. I found a pic of Grandaddy's father that I had never seen before and I'm going to send it to Bula. Love ya, Jody
You can send that picture to Bula...but put a sticker on the back of it that says "Candy" or Diane will scoop it up.
C
I'd love to see that picture, Jody. Love you!
Susan
For some reason it makes me so sad to think of all the family stuff going to the museum, but if any one else out there is like me, most of us may already have enough clutter. I know Susan and Candy have said they're good at tossing out stuff, but I'm a freak who saves *everything*...maybe I felt deprived in my childhood or something. It's got to be a sickness, but I don't think I'm ready for the Hoarders show yet. However, it just makes me sad to think of Granddaddy and MamaCush and Lala's stuff just ending up as if no one cares. Ok, I'm weird, but we don't have to go into that - hahaha! Sherami has been cleaning out her closets and finding lots of stuff so she is inspiring me to do some of that, but I keep managing to put it off. Procrastinating is another of my strong suits, but hey, when you specialize in mediocrity, there's got to be some strong things in there somewhere - haha!
Hold 'em up. What Susan and I throw away is JUNK. Not good family STUFF. Big difference. We can also organize pictures, fill picture albums, frame important stuff and hang it up...and figure out how to disburse all of it. That "Owen" gene is all about organized...and Susan leans toward compulsive, but don't get me started.
Candy
The organizing gene is where I fall short. You'd think with time on my hands it would be otherwise, but my organizing projects keep getting put off. Once I do finally get inspired and get after it, though, then there's no holding back and I can do incredible work. It just comes in spurts and not nearly often enough - lol!
It seems Nathan has picked up the geneology gene from Lala and I know he would love to see all of the files that you have, Jody. No tossing! I agree with Celeste.
:)
Ok, ya'll don't want Mom to toss, so go help her sort out the stuff when you can. She's wanting to get the house on the market soon so she can get up here with us. She's not able to do a lot on her own and I am not there to help. I know you are all super busy with your own things, but if you don't want it tossed, please go visit Graham and spend some time sorting. Mom will love it.
I agree that we need to keep the family stuff as much as we can, but none of us has a ton of room. We should give something to the museum, but family should get first dibs. I want Nana's calendars that she wrote on daily for decades. Mom says there's a ton of things. Should be something for everyone! Make a trip to Graham and start digging. LOL!
Post a Comment