Wednesday, November 17, 2010

catching up with the cousins




Since I'm a captive in my own home for awhile, I'm trying to catch up with things I've neglected---one of them is staying in touch! I had foot surgery last Friday to repair and rebuild two painful arthritic joints. The artiritis had caused a stress fracture, so I've been wearing a boot for about a month. Once the fracture was healed, I was able to have the surgery on my joints. It was day surgery, and now I can't put any weight on my foot until I get the stitches out next Wednesday. Then I'll have a boot again for about 6 more weeks. Getting old is not for sissies!

I'll have to share a couple of pics of my beautiful granddaughter Maci. She's six months old now, and we're thoroughly enjoying her.
Love you guys, Martha

3 comments:

Candy said...

Sorry for your foot woes, but isn't your granddaughter a beauty!? Thanks for the pics.
Love you,
Candy

Susan said...

What a cutie! Is Maci planning to be a princess or a firefighter? Or maybe a Princess Firefighter!

Hope your foot gets better.

Celeste said...

Ow! Sorry to hear about your foot, Martha, but glad you've found the time to post here. Your grand baby is grand!! She is absolutely darling, but I'm sure you already knew that. Hope you feel better soon!