Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Eden and Zach in North Dakota

Eden and Zach arrived on Sunday and we've had such fun getting to know Zach and seeing Eden after not seeing her for a year. She is beautiful as always and Zach is adorable. They are so cute together.

 I took them on a tour of downtown Williston today and bought Eden a few things. Today is her 20th(!) birthday and so she found some goodies she wanted.


We have some really neat shops downtown and we had a good time. When we got home, I started my homemade enchiladas and rice, and Eden got these from her Daddy.....

We ate way too much food and cake and then we gave her some more presents......she got a sweet card and gift from her Mimi and Aunt Bula and Uncle John, Madison wrote her a beautiful song and I typed it up for her and Eden can frame it. She wrote it when she found out Eden was engaged. Here it is in it's entirety:

Sisters Forever

Even if we can’t call our Daddy ‘mister’
I’ll be forever your baby sister
You might be everywhere
But I’ll be right here

You were there when I was born
It’s like a rose in a thorn
This is when the fun starts
Right in each other’s hearts

Chorus:
It might be a little hazy
But you were a little crazy
You always had a clue
At what to do
We were the best friends ever
And were sisters forever

We might sometimes fight
But it’s alright
I will forever remember the old days
But now you need to be on your way

Chorus:
It might be a little hazy
But you were a little crazy
You always had a clue
Of what to do
We were the best friends ever
And we are sisters forever

It’s been so long
But now your gone
I was glad
But now I’m sad
You will always give me a hand
But the memories are like pieces of sand

Bridge:
I’ve been trying and trying
But I couldn’t stop crying
And there’s no one to blame
But this will never be the same
We were the best of friends ever
And we are sisters forever

I will forever remember the old days..
But you need to be on your way…
By Madison Boda 2010



Eden reading the song












After that, she and Madison both cried and then hugged and we had a nice evening laughing and being silly. Tomorrow, we are taking them to The Powder Keg Pizza Place for supper. The BEST pizza EVER. Not kidding.

Oh, if anyone missed it, (LOL) last weekend, I woke up with a HORRIBLE abscessed tooth. HORRIBLE! I was in awful pain for two days, but my honey found a dentist who took me in and gave me some wonderful drugs. I have to share the photo Mom took of me before our trip to the dentist. Believe it or not, the swelling got much worse. I kept thinking "Eden and Zach are coming and THIS happens?"

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Happy Birthday, Eden!! Thanks for all the great photos, Keri. Well, must admit I'm not a fan of seeing you in pain like that. Beautiful song writing, Madison! Have fun at the pizza place!

Susan said...

Wow! Thanks for the pictures and comments, Keri. I feel like I was at the party.

Happy birthday, Eden!

Susan