
Happy Birthday to my sweet son, Michael Wade! Yes, I've even called him by his middle name even when I wasn't yelling at him when he was little, so I think he'll forgive me for using it here. I think its another one of those " family" things. It's hard for me to think of Bill Dowdle without thinking Bill Dan, but I digress. Many times when he was little and I struggled to figure out how to go about being a new mom, I thought about the first child being somewhat of an experimental model and wished I'd had some practice on someone else's kid, but some how, some where along the line it must have been okay and my worries for nothing because in spite of my inexperience, it turned out all right. My experiments worked, for today I am the proud mom of a wonderful, generous, loving and kind young man who has exceeded all my expectations and trepidations about those first teeth, first steps, first grade, first date, first car and all those other mothers' scary moments. We won't go into first race, but at least by that time, I was an old hand at all this mothering stuff, although my heart still skips when I think of it. Before I continue to ramble on and on, I'll shorten this to say again - Happy Birthday, Michael, and thank you for being you. Oh, yeah, and there will be cake!! Sherami and I will be making one shortly, but the ice cream will have to be store bought.
7 comments:
Sweet!!! Yes, I'd say your experimental model has been a grand success. And so good to know, THERE WILL BE CAKE!!!
Love, Di
P.S. -- Don't we treasure pics with Granny and babies?!?
Oh, I LOVE that picture!!! Somewhere (in storage) I have pics of you and I with Michael & Keri when they were soooo cute & tiny!!! Love seeing a pic of my Granny & your Mom Cush and that sweet daddy of yours. Golly, we are lucky gals, you know!!!!
Happy birthday, Michael. You did turn out good. Funny story..and I won't tell it correctly, but here goes:
Celeste threw me a wedding shower when I was going to marry Bones. His Mom came to the shower from Virginia. Now, remember, Michael is little. He asked his mother if he could see the chickens. Celeste laughed and said to all of us that "chickens" was how she got him to remember "Hensley". So cute and such a sweet man.
We love you, Michael
Candy (and I don't even want to know how you remember "Tucker")
Happy birthday, Michael! I agree that you turned out pretty well. Now how about sharing that cake?
Susan
Thank you all for the kind comments.
At this ripe old age, I'm ready to stop counting!!!
In my opinion, Birthdays should celebrate our parents.
Mothers do all the hard work that day!! Am I right or am I right??
It must be one heck of a roller coaster event!
A heartfelt "THANK YOU" to all Mothers for everything that you do!!!
Especially for us on "our" Birth-day!
Thanks Mom! Love you!
Michael Wade
Yep, we are all correct! You are ONE GOOD KID.
Love you,
Candy
Ah, Michael, you might be semi-right about the work part for the moms, but wow, do we ever get to reap the rewards beyond all measure. That's what makes all that "work" worth it, the rewards continue forward to fun days like today, just getting to hang out with you. Thank you for your sweetness, your beautiful heart, my beautiful son. Now you made me cry. :)
Post a Comment