Thursday, September 2, 2010
YOUNG COUNTY, TEXAS HISTORY
Hey Cousins ---- There is a wonderful site on Facebook called YOUNG COUNTY, TEXAS HISTORY. I think it's been there a while but I just found it. Dorman Holub writes it and it is so very interesting -- just ask Wade, Celeste & Marisa. There has been quite a bit about our family in it and more could be coming. I don't know how but I wish someone could make copies and send Bula & Collie the stuff that is coming up. When you get to the end, hit "older posts" and get some more. It had E.S. Cusenbary in it, it has about the schools, it mentions, Granddaddy and Munnie & Papa. I think all of you would enjoy reading it. Dorman thought the world of Moma and they talked a lot of history together. Love you guys!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes, Yes!!! It is soooooo interesting. Some things I was aware of, but most of the history is new (can it be new if its history?) to me. I don't know the author, but Jody does, and he is very good in the research and facts. Lots of good comments from Young County folks. And our family is a big part Young County with some recent mentions. Everyone should check it out! The only problem I have with it is that there is so much and can take a lot of time once you get into it. But well worth the time spent, and of course you can always go back to it when your butt gets numb and you have to take a break.
hmmm.... I better go check this out. Thanks for the heads up!
Susan
Do check it out, Susan. I've enjoyed reading the few things that I have seen on there. I'm glad our heritage is being appreciated by more people. It's so cool.
Post a Comment