I tried to hold it in, but you can't slap the smile off of my face. Rachel and Nathan both make me so happy and so proud.
In September, Rachel and Matt will be presenting us all with another member of the family and Owen will be a big brother. So far so good, though Rachel is remembering , "It ain't easy being queasy."
Then Nathan phoned last night to tell me that he has been accepted into the Master's program at the University of Chicago. I'm looking at it as a wonderful opportunity to travel. And the Texas Eagle goes right into downtown Chicago. Love those trains! He and Randi are discussing the situation and nothing is settled yet...but still!!
So happy...so proud...had to share.
Love you all,
Candy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
AWWWWWw...Congrats on the new grandbaby. How wonderful is that? I remember about the queasy, but oh, how great!!! WOOHOOOO for The University of Chicago. I think that is beyond awesome. What an opportunity! You SHOULD brag!!! Awesome all the way around!
What wonderful news, Candy!! That gives me plenty of time for a new blanket. let me know what colors she prefers. I'm working on Brandon Thetford's baby girl due in May right now, then I have an afghan for a friend, and then I will start Rachel's. Keep us posted! What is Nathan's chosen field?
Suzy
WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WHAT A BLESSING FOR YOU AND ALL THE FAMILY. I hope all goes well with her this time and no scary parts again. Oh, my goodness, don't you know there is joy up there with the Cusenbary bunch. They'll probably have an ice cream party to celebrate!!! And Nathan, how wonderful for him. I'm like Suzy, if I knew his major I forgot it (what a shock!)
And Auntie Susan is excited too!
Nathan's field is history. The master's study is a general one, he says, with an emphasis on Social Studies. He says it's called NATS. I think that means he will make it his...get it?...Nat's?
Candy
OK, well Nathan has set me straight. It's MAPSS. Master of Arts Program in Social Sciences. Hm-m. He says that the Master's program at University of Chicago is tied with Harvard for 5th. That's what I'm sayin'
c
Wow, I'd say that is such exciting news all around, you would be selfish if you didn't share it with all of us. Congratulations to Rachel and Nathan, both and you, too - of course, Candy. Braggin' is what moms are supposed to do, it says on page 2344455 of the manual. :)
MANUAL???!!! Where did you get a Manual?
Candy
Candy, it's one of those imaginary things....just play along with me here. LOL! Don't you wish we had an instruction book for being a mom? I always sort of wished we could have had an experimental model to start out with, but Michael turned out ok, so guess I shouldn't complain about going about this whole process blindly.
Celeste,
All of your kids turned out just great. No manual needed.
Candy
LOL! Thanks, Candy....yes, they did all turn out great, but the first one is such trial and error. With four, I kept thinking I'd get it right one of these times - ha! They are all truly my treasures and hopefully they have overcome all the obstacles my lack of a manual threw in their paths - lol!
Post a Comment