Tuesday, February 16, 2010
HURRAH FOR ''CURLING''
Okay, I am just having the best time watching the Olympics, especially Curling. Moma and I discovered it the first year it was on the Olympics and just became besotted (how's that for a word!) with it. Now, I find out that Nick is learning to play it in PE. Today I got out for the first time since my surgery - I got my hair frosted (hurrah for Shirley) and bought groceries at WM. Tomorrow is the day I get my stitches out (ouch!) and I may even go vote early. Do I have an exciting life or what!!!! And when I'm not watching the Olympics, I'm watching the Westminister Dog Show --- I LOVE dogs --- have any of you seen that commercial the Pedigree does about false teeth for dogs -- it is a hoot -- I had a $2 coupon off their product & had to get it for THE BUZZ. I'm out of ideas for the non-writers of the blog so some of you get on the ball -- we have to get Buster, Deborah, Vickie, Suzy (you haven't been on in ages), Wade and Martha. I'm sure I've forgotten someone but then, I'm old!! Love all you guys!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I watched some of the curling, too, and also the Westminster Dog Show. It was great! I'm so glad the Scottie won. He was precious. And I know what you mean about the commercial with the doggie dentures. it was a scream and I laughed my head off every time I saw it.
Glad the snow is gone. Glad you're doing well after your surgery, and it sounds like you're doing great! Love, Suzy
Sorry to have to tell you but I don't even know what curling is! I think I've heard of it before, but I'm sure I don't understand it. Glad that Nick is enjoying it, though. Yes, I liked the Scottie, too. The little French bulldog was a cutie as well, but that Scottie just had such personality. Some of the dogs are just not appealing at all, at least to me, but who knows ... a dog that looks like a mop might be quite fun. :)
You should give it a try, they are showing it on CNBC every night and the hockey too. I loved the scottie, also and bulldog, pugs and the spaniels. Don't care for the fancy cut on the poodles (I always feel embarrassed for them) and those that have the dred-lock looks. How do they wash and groom them (Or you just don't groom them, I guess) And I love the working dogs - they are like our Potsie and Ralph that we had when Keri was growing up - we loved those boys!!
Curling ... isn't that what the Beatles were doing in "Help"?
Susan
Unfortunately, so far the USA teams suck at taking the win home.
Still fun to watch. They had it on the big screen at the casino in Oklahoma the other night.
Candy
Post a Comment