Monday, August 17, 2009

Definition of a Good Weekend

The new faucets on the sink.
back spash around the stove

quartz up close and personal


view from the breakfast room. Ta-da!

Steve and I have thought long and hard about updating the kitchen. The first time we looked into it, we really couldn't afford what we wanted, so the project went to the back burner. This summer, we decided it was now or never. We got estimates and asked the right questions this time and found that we could do it! Yahoo! You are all invited to randomly trickle to my house to see my new kitchen. You will not recognize it. The counter tops and sink are amazing, but the best part is Rachel and her decorating gene...not gotten from me. The little touches are the best. Come see.
Another good part about the weekend was the visit from Rachel, Matt and Owen. They arrived Friday night and it was play time all weekend. One particularly satisfying incident was at Atlanta Bread Company for lunch on Saturday. Owen and Rachel had gone to the restroom for dry diaper. I went to the ice machine to start our drinks. When they got to the table, Owen asked, "Mimi?" Rachel pointed me out across the room. He RAN to me yelling, "MIMI! MIMI!" It was wonderful. It made me so happy.
Then today, when I was talking to them on the phone, I told Owen to say Hi to his Mimi and he said, "Mimi." He's never verbally responded on the phone before, so I am just about to bust.
I'll tell you all about the potty later. It's great too...and he's only 19 months old!
Love,
Candy aka proud Mimi

5 comments:

Susan said...

Yes, I can attest to all the above. Owen has a name for me, too. Candy and Rachel claim that he's saying "Soo-Soo" but I think it sounds more like "doo-doo".

Susan

Jody Leming said...

That is so great. I love being "MIMI" and hearing your grandkid say it is so special. I'm anxious to see your kitchen - why don't you put some pics on the blog!!!! Are the fixtures in the same place or did you "knock down a wall" (they seem to always do that on HGTV) Good to see something new on the blog. Love to all, Jody

Jody Leming said...

Loved the pics!!! What a great looking kitchen!!!

Suzy said...

Wow, Candy! It's fabulous! Can't wait to see it. I know you're proud of it. Love, Suzy

Celeste said...

Beautiful new kitchen, Candy!! We updated a little in ours back in the spring and I love it...no more 70's baby-poo gold formica - yay! Now we just need to paint, but that will come eventually. It is so much fun to do that kind of stuff and a whole lot more affordable than buying a newer house.

So very cool about actually hearing Owen call you Mimi..just such heart fuzzies. He is such a beautiful little boy and such a joy, but I guess you wouldn't see that at all. HA!

Susan, I'd be sticking to Soo-Soo. Sounds a lot better - lol!