Sunday, August 16, 2009

THE ROAD TO NORTH DAKOTA

Hi there all. If you don't already know, Keri and Floyd are on their way to North Dakota, Williston, to be exact. He has been working up there for his company here in Graham and they really like him up there and he really likes them and there is LOTS of work opportunities in North Dakota,, so they asked him to bring Keri up for two weeks to decide if we want to move (yes, where they go, so does the Jody). She called this morning and they were near Valentine, Nebraska. She said it was beautiful with flowers and green, green grass. They will spend the night in South Dakota tonight and then on to Williston. I'll keep you all informed or Keri will, she took her laptop, of course. Oh, got my hand fixed and all has gone so well. No pain and only a little discomfort. I get my stitches out on the 20th. Love to all, Jody

4 comments:

Candy said...

Well, I understand that sentiment entirely. I can't imagine being too far away from all my kids. Yes, please keep us posted. Wow, it gets cold up there. Let's look at it as just one other place we can all go visit.
Love you,
Candy

Celeste said...

One word, JoAnn. Winter. Oh, don't get me wrong, I totally understand how it is to need to go where the work is and all of that, but be prepared, it is COLD there. Nick is in South Dakota and from what I've heard, not a real fan of the weather. My Aunt Flo lived in ND at one time, too, I think and I know how beautiful it all is up there. I remember seeing pictures of the snowdrifts up to the roof of her house. Of course, as I sit here all sweaty and hot, maybe that's not such a bad thing - hahaha! Did the kids go with Keri or did they stay with you to keep you company?

I'm glad your hand is doing well and the healing is coming along without too much pain. Keep us posted on what you hear from Keri!

Jody Leming said...

Thanks for the good words. Cis, I know what they say about the cold but there is nothing better than to put another log on the fire, wrap up and read a good mystery!!! Williston, is probably 50 miles from the Canadian border and just across the way to Montana. And, of all things, Williston has an international airport. Floyd had been flying to Denver and then they change to a flight to Williston. Yes, I am staying at their house with Nick & Madison - school starts Monday week.

Unknown said...

Hey, it's the exhausted traveler. WOW are we tired. We've been going to sleep around 7-8pm and getting up at 4-5am. Driving for 12 hours a stretch isn't fun.
I can't tell ya'll how pretty Nebraska,South Dakota and North Dakota are...I really like it.
Yes, I've heard the winters are white. Alot of white, but I can handle cold alot better than heat. My job for the next two weeks is to learn the area, look around, see if I'm willing to move here. The economy is amazing here. Homes,jobs and etc are booming. It's nice. I've been wearing a jacket since yesterday morning. LOL!
Buster's at work and I'm here at our temp hotel til 11am, then I'm moving us to our 'home' at another hotel. We'll be there for the rest of our time here. It's nice,this temp hotel...not so much. You can read my hotel reviews on facebook. LOL!
Well, I'm going to start packing and then relax for a while before I have to move. I'll keep you informed.
Love you all,
Keri