Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten

Since patience is a virtue that runs in our family, I've been patiently waiting for Amanda to send me the picture of Caden's first day of school, which was on Monday, August 24. It's so hard to grasp the idea that she has started to kindergarten already, but then I've always been a little slow to grasp things - lol! In Amanda's defense, she has been having a rough week as Lance's dear granny passed away over the weekend, so his family has also had to deal with their loss. My heart goes out to all of them. And no, I am not the one who bought Caden the cute outfit with the horses on it.

5 comments:

Jody Leming said...

I LOVE the outfit with the horses!!! Yes, they seem to grow up way tooooo fast. What fun for the family to hear all about her new life at school. So sorry about Lance's granny - Granny's are too precious to lose. Love to all your bunch. Jody

Susan said...

What a sweetie! I'll bet she's already teacher's pet.

Susan

Candy said...

Isn't she precious? Well, yes, she is! The outfit is darling and I know Susan is right...she's got 'teacher's pet' written all over her.
Candy

Amanda said...

Thanks Momma for posting my pretty girl's picture!! Now I can share that on the first day there was a large group in front of her classroom door. Caden calmly slipped her hand out of Lance's, made her way throught the sea of parents and students, walked up to her teacher grabbed her hand and asked where do I sit? Lance and I had to go in after her to get our hugs and kisses! She is too big!

Candy said...

Oh, Amanda, that is such a great story. Too bad baby books don't extend for Caden's age. Write it down somewhere to keep it.
Love,
Candy