No one has been 'blogging' much lately...so I'm going to start again by filling you all in on my family's goings on....(try not to fall asleep)
I'm not working at the bank anymore.When Eden had her wreck, they were extremely rude and hateful to me, making a bad time worse than it was and should have been. That weekend, Floyd had to leave for who knew how long to work in North Dakota and I wasn't 'well'. He told me that my happiness was worth more to him that the little amount of money I made and so I quit. Honestly, I've never been happier.
Floyd has been home for a week, and has to leave out again Monday morning to go back to North Dakota. He may be there another two weeks, but who knows?
Eden is settling into life at DeVry. She has a bus pass, some good friends and is still looking for a job. (Anyone know anyone in Irving who'd hire her? LOL)
Nick (not Nicky, NICK) is doing well. He will being his freshman year of high school this year. He was going to be a Graham Steer, but has since changed his mind and is now more interested in theater. I love it. He does impressions and is very funny. I think that he'll be super at it.
Madison starts jr. high this year. She is nervous about it, but I'm sure she'll do great. At the moment, she wants to be a songwriter.
Buzz, (the rat terrier), our youngest is well. He was terribly upset when his Daddy was gone for two weeks, but after their reunion, he seems like his old self. It won't last since his Daddy is leaving again Monday.
I'm still running my websites and having fun with them. I've rediscovered cooking is a passion. I'm having tons of fun making huge meals for my family. They are loving it too.
Hope you are all well.
Keri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
That little gal know her cookin'. She is loving be home. I'm fixing to go for supper - she is fixing a chicken dish that she figured out how to do after eating it at Applebees. Come on, you guys - let's get with it. We haven't heard from some of you in ages, some not at all. I love hearing from Candy, Susan, Martha and Celeste but the rest of you need to at least let us know you are there. Cathy, let's hear from you about your girls. Martha, how is the knee. Kay, how's the eye. Deb, how is retirement. Bill, is your arm broken. Bob, how are you. Vickie, now that Suzy's off the air for a while, you need to pick up the slack. Wade, how are you and so on. If I've left anyone out just remember I'm old and grouchy!!! But , I do love you all. Jody PS Bula & John love to read all the things you guys post, they just can't send anything. And someone (Celeste and Cathy) let us know how our Collie is doing. And did Diane buy a house in Denton? Inquiring minds what to know!!!
Dang, Jody. You ARE grumpy. I have spent the day painting cabinets in the master bathroom. Not really sure that they needed it. They haven't been touched since I built the house in 198-something. They are in preparation for new counter tops...I hope. Waiting for the bids to come in. I like the paint job anyway, counter tops or not.
Steve and I are going to see Rachel, Matt and Owen next weekend. Susan is in Indiana at a church music convention.
Is that enough?
Love,
Candy
I agree with Mom, where the heck is everyone? No one is THAT busy...come on! We are family and we love you all and a couple of lines about how you are isn't gonna kill ya.
(that grumpy enough for ya?) LOL!
I just sent Floyd back to North Dakota to work again. The kids are STILL asleep, (lucky) and I'm going to begin some other projects I have around the house.
Hope everyone is well....
I do not know how to "blog" so I will leave a comment. The Beach family is well, busy, but good. Caden starts kindergarten this August.AHHH! She is ready and excited-has missed kid interaction since preschool ended. Brady is now 7 1/2 months old and getting cuter everyday! When Caden was an infant I was constantly waiting for her next milestone, with Brady I'm glad he's not crawling yet, talking yet-he's just a sweet baby doing his own thing in his own time. Lance is working tons, which means I'm working more in the office to keep up with his field time;)
We got to visit with Wade, Marisa and her crew last week at Uncle Wade's condo. Caden loves watching the ducks from his balacony. Lauren and Sully are as cute as can be! Sully napped the majority of our visit, but we all know to let him sleep and give his momma a break!
Saturday my Mom and Sherami took Caden to a model horse show. They spoiled her and she had a blast! If her love of horses wasn't in her genes already Mom and Sherami would make her love them!
Glad to hear about your happiness with not working Keri. Not being miserable at work is payment enough, right!
To the rest hope you are well and we love you all!
Amanda, how wonderful to hear from you. Send your email address so we can get things to you. I can't believe that Caden is starting kindergarten!!! Time does fly!!!
It's me again, Margaret!(catch the joke?) Celeste, I'm sure your Daddy has told you what a horse-lover Granny was - she could out-ride the boys. I think that's where my Moma got her love of horses and horseracing. We loved going to Ruidoso to the races. I picked colors or horses' names and Moma read all the stats, etc. Keri usually won the most money - and we had to make her bets for her!!!
Jody, we knew about MamaCush's being a horsewoman...that's one of the things that has me convinced that it is genetic. It may skip around, but it's always in there somewhere. Estelle used to love horses a lot also and MamaCush always told her they would talk about her getting a horse of her own when she turned 14. By the time she turned 14, her interests had changed a bit so MamaCush and Grandaddy were off the hook. I always loved it when MamaCush and Estelle told me that! All of my kids like horses, but Sherami turned out to be the one with the overwhelming passion like I had/have. Sherami and I won't push Caden, but if she does have the gene, it won't be that much of a surprise when her daddy has to buy her a horse or riding lessons some day.
We did have a lot of fun taking her to the model horse show in Denton and her Aunt Sherami spoiled her with some new models to add to her growing collection. I'll have to admit she spoiled me and got two new horses for me, too. Yes, my house is a cluttered mess with teddy bears and plastic horses every where, but Chuck thinks it's better than me having a real horse and all those expenses - lol!
Keri, I'm so glad you are enjoying your home time and all your cooking! My new favorite channel is the food network and I love to watch all the cooking contests. I'm not much of a cook, though as at my age, I'd rather do the easiest thing possible. The microwave is my friend. When the kids were little I was all about nutritious, whole food meals and healthy eating, but now I'm just about being lazy - hahaha!
Candy, sounds like you're having fun painting, but you still haven't told us much about your vacation. Martha needs to fill us in our their trip to Washington as well. We're waiting to read some good stuff because once I get to typing it's just a rambling/babbling mess and I need to get off the keyboard and give it a rest.
Next?
Di checking in! We closed on the house here in Dallas this morning, and we close on the house in Denton on Friday morning. We're excited and stressed but at least we're in the "home" (couldn't resist that!) stretch! Paul's last day at work was last Friday, July 24; my last day is this Friday, July 31. Ready to get to our newer house in Denton and get settled in!
Hey everyone! I just got back from a church music conference in Indiana. I drove there and back - a total of 1707 miles. Therefore, I'm not responsible for writing anything coherent.
Amanda, I'm not sure it's possible for Brady to get any cuter... but we'll take your word for it.
Keri, let us know when you want us to come sample some new recipes.
Diane, let us know your new address so we can come vis- .. (ahem) .. send you a Christmas card. Celeste, I remember my daddy talking about riding a horse to help HIS granddad herd cattle (or something). At some point, the horse stepped on his foot, and his toenail grew crooked from then on. He thought of that horse every time he trimmed his toenails.
Just a few musings from your cousin Susan
Congrats on a new house, Diane! So, are y'all moving to Denton? I'm a little out of the loop, so I'm not sure what's going on. No, I did not say I'm "loopy", I said out of the loop. Quit laughing!
What a trip Susan! I'm not that fond of being confined in a car, but I hope you had a good time and I'm glad you made it home safely.
WOW. Finally some action!!!
Amanda-you 'blog' just fine...keep it up. I can't believe kindergarden already! Time flies.
Susan-Glad you got home safe and you wrote very well for someone who'd driven all that!
Di-Congrats on the sell and the purchase.
Celeste-I love horses too, but I like to LOOK at them, I'm not a rider. I always wanted a pony though. LOL.
Candy-painting, huh? I am NOT good at that. I bet everything looks amazing.
We are fine here. Floyd is still in Williston,North Dakota and may be there for two more weeks or so. The kids and I are fine. Not alot going on...So I'll just say a big HELLO for now! Hope to hear from you soon.
Post a Comment