Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mom

I had to take my Mom to the ER last night around 12:30. She has carpal tunnel in her left wrist and it flaired up so badly that she couldn't stand it. The ER doc gave her a strong pain med and a shot of steroids, and I took her home with me. She said that 'strong' pain shot wore off in no time and she didn't sleep much. She is hurting bad again today and is attempting a nap. I'll take her home in a while.
She can't get into her doctor til Aug. 12th, so she might be miserable for a bit. Just wanted to keep ya'll posted. I'll let you know how she's doing.

3 comments:

Celeste said...

OW!! Give your mom a big hug, Keri. I hope she feels better soon.

Di said...

I can certainly relate, Jody! Even though I've worn the carpal tunnel braces ever since I was pregnant, I am now waking almost nightly with one or the other hand feeling numb or in pain. Keep me posted on how you're feeling. (Did Dr. Cute Stuff treat you?!? Inquiring minds want to know!)

Unknown said...

I wish Dr. Cutie would have been there, but that's one of those things one must know in advance...you know, gotta put on the make up and do the hair and wear something that doesn't look like you slept in it. LOL
Mom is so much better, the steroids have kicked in. She's having surgery on Aug 12th and she will be good as new in no time. She'll be given a local and be awake thru the whole thing.
Buster (my hubby) had the same thing done last year, but HE had to be knocked out. MEN!