Tuesday, July 14, 2009

MOMA

Hi dear Cousins. Tomorrow, July 15th, will be the anniversary of the day we lost my sweet Moma. I would love and appreciate it if you all would take a minute and post a memory you have of your cousin or aunt Pat. Something sweet or happy or funny would be so special to Keri and I. All of you have been so wonderful and supportive of us - you guys are what family is all about and I love you dearly. Thanks and God bless! Jody

7 comments:

Susan said...

I'll be first! I remember when Keri first learned to walk, she walked around (and around and around) Granny's house with Aunt Pat behind her singing "I Love a Parade." Keri knew her Nana would bring up the rear of her parade. Granny and I got tickled watching Aunt Pat huff and puff around for the twelfth time. I don't remember which one of them wore out first.
I love you, Aunt Pat - the happy parader!

Susan

Unknown said...

Nana was the greatest of Nanas ever! She would have me over to spend Saturday nights at her house and we would eat Tony's frozen pizza,play Uno or another game (we had a cool vampire game where if you lost, you got "bit" by some kind of stamper on your finger) and then watch Love Boat and Fantasy Island. I treasure all of the times I spent there and wish to all that is high and holy I could do it again.
Ok, starting to cry...gotta stop.
Love you
Keri

Candy said...

My memory isn't a particular incident but rather a gathering of tastes. My Mom and Aunt Pat always traded good recipes. Two of my favorites in Mama's recipe box are labeled "Pat's Fudge" and "Pat's Chocolate Icing". Yummy. It's hard to cook something that good and not love the originator...another reason for Weight Watchers.
Love you,
Candy

Di said...

I remember when Aunt Pat visited us in Lubbock. I was painting my nails, and we were watching "As the World Turns." When the program ended, I didn't get up to change the channel (indeed, the era before remote controls). Another soap began, and a very emotional scene was underway; I looked over at Pat, and she was boo-hooing with real tears and everything. I said, "Oh, do you watch this show?" And she replied, "I've never seen it before in my life." Aunt Pat sympathized with strangers on TV and was a wonderful, funderful aunt!
Love,
Di

Celeste said...

Jody and Keri, Like Candy there's not any one particular incident that stands out in my mind, other than Aunt Pat was always there and always very special. Remember how patient she was that time that Wade and I came from Abilene to spend time with y'all when you lived up the street from John's Grocery? What fun! Your mom was precious and she was/is loved. So are you.

Unknown said...

Nana used to go all over the place with us. Once, Moma, Daddy, Nana and I went to the Fort Worth Zoo. We ate at either Denny's, Kip's Big Boy or some other place like that. Anyway, Nana and I were in the backseat and whenever a car passed by, Nana would hold up the huge tiger mask I got with my meal over her face and the other drivers would stare. Daddy couldn't figure out what we were laughing about. Nana and I were a mess when we were together.
T-R-O-U-B-L-E
Keri

Suzy said...

I just have so many wonderful memories of Pat all the years I was growing up. She was always so funny and fun. And I was so impressed that she worked at the court house and had POWER!!!! Mostly, she was a blast, and the source of all my information for years until she fell down on the job. Her daughter should have picked up the banner, but alas, has not always followed in her mother's footsteps in that regard!!

I miss Pat!!!

Suzy