I'll go first...
ICE CREAM! Sitting on the freezer to give weight to the turn. We sat there till our little butts were frozen.
Who's next?
Candy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog keeps a bunch of baby-boomer cousins in touch while allowing our children another opportunity to roll their eyes.
5 comments:
Oh Lordy, soooo many -- Kay & I teaching the younger cousins to walk the barrel---Aunt Margaret's Angel Food Cake---Granny's banana ice cream---Granddaddy eating a bowl for everyone!!!---and just fun, fun,fun!!!
Frozen butts, barrels, rummaging through the garage - it was all fun! I'm sure I'll think of more later, but right now I want some ice cream and there's Blue Bell in the freezer. Not the same as home made, but....
hmmmm... I used to think that Granny and Granddaddy's backyard was a fairy land because of all the fireflies at night. I remember trying to catch them - but of course, what we DID catch were chiggers!
Susan
Those were some serious chiggers, Susan! But we did catch the fireflies and put them in jars - poor little critters. We never get to see "lightening bugs" any more, at least not around here. Thanks for bringing up that memory...well, except for the chiggers part - lol!
All of the above mentioned are some of my favorites; also, getting excited when Buster and Melton, and Wade and Celeste would arrive because the "big kids" would swing us rugrats around and around...
Also, the time Wade and Celeste took us driving by a scary bridge and telling us ghost stories... something about a one-armed man with a hook????
Post a Comment