I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. Buster is working half a day today and I'm home cooking. Turkey, rice/broccoli casserole, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs,green beans and hot rolls. YUM. Then, I guess it's laundry for the rest of the day for me! The kids go across the street and play basketball some. It's gotten very nice here and not cold, just chilly. Madison jammed her finger yesterday and it's blue. She can move it so I don't think it's broken. Kids! LOL!
My job is going great and I am making some wonderful friends. We went out to a play ("Boeing Boeing") and dinner last weekend with a friend that Buster works with and his girlfriend. I think I could become pals with her easily.
Buster is busy and exhausted, but he's thrilled he's able to work. His hand hurts still and may always, but he's doing well.
Have a question for ya'll.....
Mom is going to move here to be with us hopefully this summer. She's got a buyer for her house and we are about to start the process of looking at homes here. Mom has no strength in her hands whatsoever and is weak. Can any of you come to Graham once in a while to help her pack and go through things? If it wasn't desperately needed, I wouldn't ask. Right now, it looks as though Buster will end up flying to Graham and then driving Mom here..but nothing is set as of yet. What she needs is help packing. She is going to sell a lot of things, but will also give items to family. Please, please, think about going and helping her out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'll help, Keri. Paul has already contacted her about Pat's geneology (spelling?) files; he's interested in them since he watched the show "Who Do You Think You Are?" We will set up a day when Paul, Maddie, Jody, and I are free, and Paul, Maddie, and I will go to Graham to retrieve some files and whatever else Jo wants to do that day. Then I'll go there some more as well.
Added news: Dad is going to have more surgery on his hip on Monday, April 12. Please keep Mom and him in your prayers. Part of the original hip replacement has deteriorated and needs some work.
We will be shorthanded at work that week, as one of the girls will be at a training session in Houston; but I am going to talk to Rick and try to get off and go to Lubbock. Bill is trying to see about time off as well, but it may be difficult for him as he took time off to be with Levi and Lauren during their spring break.
Love, Di
Thanks Di and than Paul for me as well.
I am praying for Uncle John and hope this hip works!
Sometime this month, we have a day where EVERYONE is going to be off but me and one other lady...oh boy! Who did that schedule??? LOL! Oh well, makes the day pass faster!
Gotta get ready for work. Ya'll have a great day
Love you all!
Keri,
Yo mama and I have already worked out a time frame when I can come pack, store and throw away. Look out if you want something. Get there before the middle of June.
Warnings are posted,
Candy
Yahoo! The motto of the people I work for is: family comes first! They said for me to go to Lubbock, so I will fly on Sunday afternoon and stay until Dad gets settled back in at home.
I'll keep you guys posted while I'm there, but it will be via emails, since Mom and Dad don't have internet access, just the mail station.
Start the prayers now, and keep them coming!
Love,
Di
We will be in Graham from May 7 - 12 and I should be able to come by and help her during that time. I didn't realize she was so close to moving and had a buyer for her house.
We've 'officially' put the house up for sale, and the same people are still interested. We are hoping to have a contract soon. Time is wastin' and the houses are selling up here like hot cakes. We want a house and Mom up here before the end of summer and especially before September, when Eden is coming!
Post a Comment