Ya'll,
There are a couple of really cute and touching stories that I forgot to share with you. I think I told you that Nathan gave Randi our Nana's engagement ring (circa 1919). I forgot to tell you that Randi's Dad had some gold removed from His wedding ring and placed in Nathan's. So they really married their families together, too.
Rachel wanted a handkerchief to carry with her for those delicate tears that are part of these emotional occasions (snort...you know we always BAWL!) Anyway, I found one that was Daddy's and gave it to her. She nearly lost it when she found out whose it was. But instead of carrying it herself, she gave it to Nathan and it peeks out from his suit pocket during the wedding.
THEN, Randi and Nathan made gifts for their bridal party. Rachel got a necklace that had a locket on it and inside were tiny little pictures of Mama and Daddy. She, Susan and I lost it then. It is so sweet.
Funny story and I'm outa here...Owen danced the night away at the reception so he was pretty tired that night. In fact, he was so tired that he couldn't help to get himself undressed or dressed in his jammies. Rachel put him to bed in a clean diaper and a big blanket. When he woke up the next morning, he said, "Where clothes go? Ow-ie naked." Isn't that a riot?
Love you all,
Candy
Did I mention we're having a girl? Rachel and Matt found out today. When asked if he wanted a sister, Owen replied, "No." Oh, well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well, you made me cry, Candy, happy now!!! What lovely things with the rings and then Danny's hanky. Then the locket - all of that is just too sweet. And then there is Owen!!! Well, maybe he'll like a baby sister after he sees her???!!!???
I wish we could have been at the wedding. So, you're getting a granddaughter! Wonderful. They're a blast! I envy you. I guess I'll get started on something for a girl. What colors are they going to use, or do you know yet?
no idea on colors, Suzy. Rachel should have an idea soon, but at this point she is so delighted to be having a girl that I believe pink will be just fine.
Ha, Jody...gotcha!
OK. I think I'll just go look at "girlie" colors and pick something that will work well with the pattern I picked. I have had nothing to work on since finishing Nathan's gift, and I'm really getting antsy!!! Yarn shopping tomorrow!
Love, Suzy
Post a Comment