Sunday, March 21, 2010

What a Weekend!

Cousins,
Susan, Steve and I just spent the BEST weekend...and it isn't over yet. Our church's 50th anniversary is in May. In honor of the event, the choir finally succumbed to the request for a CD. What we didn't want is a boom box set on "record" with a captured live performance for all time. Luckily, Susan is close friends with a very talented man, Ricky Tims, who produces to support his quilting habit. (Check his web site! These aren't yo mama's quilts!)

Ricky brought all his gear to Texas and set up in our sanctuary. I spent most of Friday on a solo that is only about 20 measures! So totally worth it. I've never been happy with my recorded voice. I'M HAPPY WITH THIS ONE!

The choir met on Saturday at 9:30 to record 10 selections that Susan chose. We worked until 2:30 or 3:00 laying down tracks that Ricky would then "stitch" together to make music. He lovingly guided us to be the best we can be...not Mormon Tabernacle, but not Mayberry either. The CDs will be sold to those that want one for the anniversary celebration.

And...we're not through! Tonight we (the choir) are hosting an Italian meal and concert. We are serving lasagna, spaghetti, green beans (Italian cut!) and salad. We'll have a chocolate fountain with fruit for dessert! We will serve everyone their meal, then sing our CD selections for their "dining pleasure".

BEWARE! This may be all that Susan, Steve and I can talk about for awhile. It's the kind of high you get from church camp.

Oh, and if you want to buy a voucher for a CD or come to the dinner tonight, come on. 5:30. Park Place Christian Church on Call Field. Love to see you there.

Love you all,
Candy

3 comments:

Celeste said...

That is so cool, Candy and Susan! Musical talent is sadly lacking in this side of the family, well...me, so I am doubly appreciative of those who do have it. Congratulations on a successful recording!

Susan said...

what Candy said......

Jody Leming said...

Boy, you guys have been busy!! I know you must be soooo proud of yourselves and rightly so. You've always had a beautiful voice. Wow, I am so proud of you all.