Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Melton Leming
It's was 21 years ago today that Keri and I lost Melton. Seems impossible it's been that long and yet sometimes it seem like forever. He was my love, my soulmate. He could be so very sweet and so very funny, and yes he could be hard-headed too. I know he is so proud of the woman that Keri has become and he would really get a big kick out of the grandkids. He loved my Moma so much and was so glad to be in our family. Some of you didn't know him too well but if you have a special memory, Keri and I would love to read it. Love all you guys!!! Jody
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Jody and Keri, I know I've recounted this memory to you many times, but it bears repeating: The Christmas after Steve and I married, we travelled to Graham in an intense snowstorm (sorry Celeste, there's that darn snow again!) and didn't arrive until 2 o'clock in the morning. Pat had left the door unlocked for us, as we were staying at her house on Colorado (?).
You know how noises are muffled or nonexistent by snow? Steve and I were about to open the front door to Pat's house when a gruff voice from the street asked, "Are you the young man who married this fine young lady?" We turned and saw a Graham police cruiser at the curb (we hadn't even heard it approach); Steve meekly answered, "Yes, sir, I am."
Melton then jubilantly answered, "Well, I'm her cousin Melton! Welcome to the family." I thought Steve was going to collapse! Melton had taken a break and gone home and built a snowman for Keri to see when she woke up.
He was a big bear of a sweetie, and he loved his two precious girls!
Thanks Diane, I love that story. He thought that was so funny!!
That's a GREAT story, Di! Thanks for posting it.
Love you all,
Susan
I remember that snowman. I thought Santa had made it for me. I think we have photos of it.
It's true, my Daddy loved and spoiled us rotten. Once, Santa forgot some things and left them on the roof of the house! Daddy had to get on a ladder and get them. One for me and one for Moma.
Post a Comment