Monday, March 9, 2009

The Boda's Have Tons Of Fun!

Hey all!
I had some good luck a couple of weeks ago...on our local radio station, Cool 94.7, I won a prize package. All I had to do is tell them the artist that sings "All Summer Long" and I won!! WOOHOO!

I got a great prize package:
4 Tickets to the Trace Atkins concert at the Kay Yeager Collusium-We went, and even though I am NOT a country fan, I had a blast. It was Buster's first concert and we really loved it.

2 Tickets to "Buddy and Beyond" (a Buddy Holly and more tribute concert, that is endorsed by the Buddy Holly family). I took my Mother-In-Law, Ruth and we had such a great time. This guy, Johnny Rogers, is a freak of nature. He went from sounding exactly like Buddy Holly to Elvis to Willie Nelson, and more. He put on an amazing show and we each bought his CD and got them autographed.

8 Tickets to the Wichita Wildcats Hockey games! Buster and I took Nick and Madison to a game Saturday night, and we really got the royal treatment. When we got there, we sat down in our seats, and got comfy. Next thing we knew, some people from KYC came over to us and asked us to sit in the "Best Seats In The House" so we did. Those of you in Wichita probably know, but the "Best Seats" are sponsered by a furniture company and they are basically ON THE ICE right behind one of the goals. We sat on a comfy sofa and loveseat set and got posters of the team, whistles and had a great time. We were 'spotlighted' three times and the kids waved and so did I (I LOVE being in the spotlight!) and then the WildCat's masot, CrazyCat, came over to us and sat down between Nick and Mad and laughed with them, and autographed thier posters. He then came over to Buster and I and sat on our laps! LOL! We then got three pucks that 'flew' out of the rink and just had an amazing time. LOTS OF LAUGHS!

We are having my very best friend, Gina Hawkins and her hubby, Mark visit from Ohio later this month and we are going to take them to see the WildCats too!

Well, since I am at home with some terrible stomach thing, I think I'll go lay down again. ARGH!

Love you all!
Keri

5 comments:

Jody Leming said...

Hey Babe, you forgot about the free dinner from DOMINO'S PIZZA.

Unknown said...

Oh, yeah....I got a free dinner from Domino's LOL!
Thanks Moma!!!!

Candy said...

Lucky Ducky! You really DO have a good time. Congratulations!
Hope your tummy gets better. Probably too much Domino's.
Candy

Susan said...

Hey Keri! That all sounds fun. Several years ago I won a radio contest - I knew which country produced most of the world's dentures. I'm not kidding... But I only won a pizza from Chuckie Cheese. (sigh)
Here's a new rule: When you come to the Falls, you have to call one of your cousins.

Susan

Celeste said...

Very cool, Keri! I'm glad y'all had so much fun!