Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Susan (tomorrow)

Susan,
I know you won't have time to read this tomorrow, so I'm posting today. You're the best sister I have! Wait a minute...you're the ONLY sister I have! Hope your day is fun and that you get rid of the cold symptoms.

Cousins,
We celebrated Susan's birthday on Saturday night since Rachel, Matt and Owen were in town. I fixed supper. We had chicken piccatta, pasta with caper sauce, asparagus, asiago cheese bread and cupcakes for dessert. Steve's mom joined us so we had a full dining room. We kept waiting for Owen to wake up from his nap, but that didn't happen. He was so tired that he slept until around 3am (I think!). We sang to Susan, she opened her presents, then we shifted gears and had Rachel's birthday since we wouldn't be with her on March 2. We nearly forgot to sing to her, but she reminded us. Whew!

Everyone is at their respective homes now. Steve is taking a nap and I'm checking email. Hope everyone had as enjoyable a weekend as I did.

Love you all,
Candy

4 comments:

Jody Leming said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, sweet Susan. Sounds like you guys had a really good time. Take care of that cold and feel better soon. I love you, Jody

Owen and Isla's Momma said...

Happy Birthday, Susan! I'm glad we got to celebrate together, and even more glad that we had separate desserts! That could have been ugly...

-Rachel

Susan said...

Yes, it was fun! Thanks for helping me celebrate! Whenever I think about my new age, a song pops into my head - "I can't drive ... 55!" Yes, I'm old.

Susan

Celeste said...

Another birthday I'm late for - sheesh! Sorry, Susan. I hope you did have a great day. I've enjoyed learning about your great sense of humor on this blog and hope you and the rest will overlook my tardiness.