Sunday, January 18, 2009

News from the Bottonis

Greetings to All!

BIG news at the Bottoni abode!

Paul has been accepted to the University of North Texas for the fall 2009 semester!  He still wants to pursue broadcast journalism, especially sports and radio.

BIGGER news:  on Wednesday, Jan. 14, he proposed to his longtime steady, Madeline Mia Olds (we call her "Maddie"); she said YES (yea!).  The plan is for both to finish school (she is at SMU while Paul will be in Denton), secure jobs, and then get hitched.  We're all very happy; she accompanied us on Paul's graduation trip to Alaska.  They've known each other since junior high school.  We get along tremendously with her parents, and Mom and Dad are already known to her as "Mimi" and "Pappy."

Don is still working too hard at the pharmacy, and then working even harder to home repainting the interior of the house.  Blessedly, we have a young man stripping the wallpaper and texturing the walls for us, but as all of you know, it's a big, messy job.  I have wonderful intentions to helping, but by the time I'm finished with the day-to-day chores, Don's already finished another room!  (Hmmm, maybe I'm just smart!)

Anywho, Paul wants to bring Maddie to the next reunion.  I do know that she is going to Vegas for her 21st birthday with her folks in July (around the 21st, her birthday), so if the reunion could be any time but that, super; if not, we'll just get her there for the one after that!

Don and I are going to Lubbock on Feb. 25 to spend a few days seeing and spoiling our grandson, Justice!  Paul will "Callie-sit," work, and go to school... oh, and I'm sure he'll spend time with Maddie as well!

Love you all, 

Diane

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG!!!! How amazing!
Congrats on the acceptance, and the engagement. Not really a shocker on either. LOL!

Jody Leming said...

GLAD TO HAVE YOU ON THE BLOG!!!!! Thrilled about the engagement but not at all surprised. I hope after meeting all of us it will still be on!!!LOL I guess we really could scare people. Hope to hear alot from you guys. I'm so thrilled that Paul is going to North Texas. That's great. Happy painting to Don. Oh, tell him that Floyd and Nick are making a game room out of the garage - mostly Texas U. trappings. Even Buz got a UT dog tag with his name engraved on it. Now all the family has something UT to wear. I'd love to get him a pic of Colt to put in there. You guys take care. Remember I owe you some fudge!! Lov, Jody

Candy said...

Woo-hoo! Following his Mimi, eh? Sounds good.
I'm so excited about Maddie. That name is going to fit right in with all of our variations.
No one had specific date requests for the reunion, but it will be before the heat knocks us all down.
Love you,
Candy

Susan said...

Great news, Di! I'm sure North Texas is excited that Paul is coming there. Can't wait to meet Maddie this summer.

Susan

Suzy said...

Great news!!! It's possible Kaylee could be going there as well, depending on how the track scholarship situation works out. She will graduate this year, and will be going SOMEWHERE, so wouldn't that be sweet??? Even though he doesn't find her as annoying as he did when she was 5 and he was 7!
Anyway, looking forward to meeting Maddie and welcoming her to the family! Hope she can take us in large doses! Let's get that reunion planned, CANDY!!!!!

Love, Suzy