Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

What did you guys do to celebrate the New Year? Who stayed up the latest? Who went to bed first? I would have been in bed by 9:30, but we were playing chickenfoot and it's rude to go to bed just because you are losing.
We had our black-eyed peas with cornbread today. Lots of luck for us...I hope.
Love,
Candy

6 comments:

Susan said...

But, Candy, you didn't mention the to-die-for chocolate dessert you made for us ... and the fact that I only had three servings!
I stayed up till 1:00 playing a Nancy Drew computer game, wild partier that I am.
Happy new year, everyone!
Susan

Candy said...

That's right! I have a flour-less chocolate cake that can put you right over the edge.
C

Jody Leming said...

You young people are just party animals. The kids gave me a 'puter game called MURDER IN LONDON:ON THE TRAIL OF JACK THE RIPPER. I stayed up until my clues ran together. LOL. Candy, is that flourless choc. cake in my WWdessert book? love y'all, Jody

Candy said...

Doubtful that you will find that recipe in ANY WW book. A cup of butter, real sugar and 18 squares of chocolate. Ym-m-m-m.

Unknown said...

We had people over, drank margaritas and played pool in our 'game room'. Slept til almost 10am the next day!
Party Party!!!
I'd love the recipe for the desert,Candy!

Suzy said...

Well, we were in Graham in our little house, and really went wild - went to the Senior Citizens Center dance! Took Judy Rush with us and Johnny Lehr met us there. Danced the night away. After about 10:00 I was looking at my watch about every 10 minutes wondering if the year would EVER END!!!!! Had my 1 blackeyed pea with cornbread after midnight and sang Auld Lang Syne - thankfully went home and to bed!!!!
happy 2009 to all!!! Love you!

Suzy