Monday, December 6, 2010

Happy Birthday to Wade, Part 2

Candy already brought up the subject, but I just could not let the opportunity pass to say another Happy Birthday wish to my brother. Being just one year and two weeks apart, we have always been very, very close and Wade has always been my best friend, my teacher, my protector and my hero. When he wasn't picking on me, of course. Yes, there was a little bit of that as there is with all siblings - I'm sure I picked on him, too, but when ever it came to crunch time, he has always been there for me and that is something that cannot be measured. We were able to get together yesterday to celebrate his birthday by meeting up in Salado for lunch at the historic Stagecoach Inn. The meal was delicious and while we didn't have birthday cake, we had a most wonderful chocolate pecan pie! Yes, after that we had to walk around a while and enjoy all the little gift shops. In my life I cannot ever imagine anyone having a more wonderful person for a brother. He is the best!!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for posting such a great picture, Celeste. I didn't realize you were so close in age. Candy's kids are also a year and two weeks. Candy and I are a year and three months apart. Bill and Diane are even less than a year!
I'm glad you and Wade had a fun day - that chocolate pecan pie sounds really good.

Candy said...

LOVE Stagecoach Inn!!! We should all meet there sometime and do the family dining experience. Ymmmm.
Happy birthday some more, Wade.
Candy

Celeste, you look so much like your mama.

Celeste said...

Thanks, Candy. Any time someone tells me I look like my mama, I consider that a high compliment. Thank you.