Sunday, August 1, 2010
SPECIAL DAYS
Monday and Wednesday are very special days to me and to all of you. Lala's birthday is Aug 2 and Granny's is Aug. 4. They are 2 of the 5 most important women in my life - the others being, Moma, Aunt Bula and my Keri. Lala was such a sweetie, such a "lady" in all the words. I know we all giggled at her at times but we wouldn't have changed her for the world. And what on earth can I say about my Granny (aka, Aunt Fay, Moma Cush, Cushen) that no one knows - nothing I can think of -- she was just the perfect "Granny" ever -- I think that is why Moma was such a perfect "Nana", 'cause she had such a role model!! Granny loved her DALLAS COWBOYS and her TEXAS RANGERS and loved to watch golf. They will probably have some of Aunt Margaret's Angelfood cake and Granddaddy & Uncle Dan , I'm sure, will be turning the ice cream freezer and our Stephanie will be sitting on the freezer. And Jay E, being the newest one up there, will be telling some story, I bet. It doesn't hurt so much when you can think of they're being gone like this - being with each other and someday we'll all be there too. How wonderful!! I love all of you so much!! Jody
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well, thanks for the post, Jody. I was sitting in the doctor's waiting room and nearly had to rush to the bathroom to cry in private. Luckily, I got hold of myself. I miss them all too. Happy Birthday, Lala and Granny.
Love you all,
Candy
Very beautifully said, JoAnn. I've had them on my mind all day, but I hate to admit this...I still cannot keep their birthdays straight, who was on the 2nd and who was on the 4th so I always just put them together. They never seemed to mind it, but yes, they were both the most remarkable women and gave us so much. Thank you for posting this remembrance.
here's the way to remember, Celeste. Lala was born two days before Granny's 20th birthday. Lala on the 2nd...Granny on the 4th.
candy
Post a Comment