Tuesday, August 10, 2010

News from North Dakota

I haven't posted anything in a while, mainly because we've been super busy. We're settling in to a routine with Mom and Buzz as they are with us! Things are going great! We are still (I stress STILL) in contract on our house, but we are waiting on the appraisal and that takes time. Too much time, but we are getting there...SLOWLY!

The kids are good. Nick and Madison are learning to play the guitar and seem to really like it.

Buster has news: He's got a new job! We have made friends with our neighbors and a group of them are bosses for a Well Testing Service and we really like them a lot. We had a cook out a couple of weeks ago and they were all sitting around and talking. They offered him a job. He asked me and I told him it was ok as long as my conditions were met. (LOL) So, he is in Texas tonight and will be there til Thursday doing his training at the main office and after he gets home, he'll begin work as a operator at Well Testing Service. This position not only gives him better earning potential, it gives his badly damaged wrist a break. He's been in more pain than I knew of since his injury and his former job was just too hard on him. Now, he won't have that and he'll be happier. He's getting a company truck, a phone and a laptop, so I get the awesome big black truck and Mom and use my little red truck until she finds a car or Nick gets a permit. LOL!

1 comment:

Celeste said...

Thanks for the update, Keri. I'm excited about Buster's new job opportunity. I was kinda afraid the work might be hard on his badly damaged wrist since he'd injured it at his old work, right? I'm so happy you are all doing so well, but I'm still not going to be envious of your winter - brrrrrr! I'm so happy your mom is loving it there, too.