Sunday, November 1, 2009

STUFF!!!!!

Well, I guess you all have read Keri's blog! I really have to start getting rid of things - I can give a lot of the historical and geneology stuff (there's that word again) to the museum at the old Post Office BUT there may be personal stuff (?) of Granny's and Granddaddy's or Lala's or YOUR Dad's stuff. Lots of pictures and a big steel filing cabinet. I can't take these things with me. And I am not physically able to get all the stuff from under the beds. Also I have some steel shelving inthe laundry room and I'd be glad for someone to have. And I would need help getting the things to the museum. I really don't want to go to ND until after the kids have been there a year (that's the lease on their townhouse) and they would like to get a house big enough for me to live with them (yes, that's what BOTH of them said). I hope to sell the house to someone to "flip" - I can't afford the repairs that are needed. And it is a big lot so 2 rooms or more could be added to the back. Anyway, any time any of you can come down to help it will be appreciated. Maybe the Dowdles will be able to come since John has had his hip replaced and Bula's shingles are better and I know they want to see us and we want to see them. And wouldn't it be nice to gather without it being for a funeral!! AMEN TO THAT!!! You all talk among yourselves and think about poor ole Jody (sob) and all that STUFF!! LOL Love you all, Jody

7 comments:

Candy said...

Jody,
You may not want Susan or me. We work under the assumption that if you haven't used it for a year, it probably needs to go. But, I'll be glad to help you throw away JUNK...not good stuff! It's really fun to down-size your stuff. I'm glad we've all got some time to get down there...glad you aren't moving in the next two weeks. We'll help.
Candy

Susan said...

I love sorting through other people's stuff. Of course, let's not wait until it's two weeks before you move! Are you wanting to have a yard sale to make some $$? If you start cleaning under the bed, I'm bringing my camera!

love you, love your stuff,
Susan

Unknown said...

YES she wants those of you who will throw stuff away, so go to it. LOL. She won't do it herself. I threw alot away after Nana passed, but there is alot that must go.

We have to stay where we are for at least a year, so it will be about that long, I just want Mom to get going on this cause I found out that packing an entire house in a week is NOT FUN!

If you can get some goodies to sell, that is great. We made a killing with our moving sale.

Thanks for ya'll planning on helping. I wish I could (well, sorta...LOL) but I can't.

Love you all.

Celeste said...

Since I apparently did inherit the never throw anything away gene from Daddy and Lala, I'm afraid I would not likely be much help. If there is any slight resemblance of sentimental value to a scrap of paper, it is with me for life....I'm sorry, that's just the way I am. Unfortunately, that does mean that I have my own piles of junk that need to gone through..oh, my kids will have a heyday when I'm gone - lol!! Long story needs to get shorter, JoAnn, I'll try to get out there and help you out when I can, but I think it is wonderful that some stuff can be donated to the museum. I didn't even know Graham had one at the old post office - I loved that place. So hang on, help is on the way!

Jody Leming said...

HEY, LOVE ALL THE RESPONSE AND YES I WANT ALL OF YOU!!!!! LOL NEED SOME ADVICE - WHAT ABOUT A BOOK SALE FIRST JUST TO START GETTING RID OF THE DREADED "STUFF". ???? I KNOW SOME OF MY COUSINS WHO ARE BOOKLOVERS MIGHT FIND THEM SOMETHING.

Candy said...

OH, NO. Now I'll have to move your stuff in with my stuff. NO BOOK SALE.
Candy

Jody Leming said...

OH YES BOOK SALE BUT THE BEST DEAL IS FREE BOOKS FOR COUSINS WHO ARE HERE TO HELP. (now that is too good to pass up. lol)