Cousins,
It's 7:50pm on Sunday. The Rangers have already beaten the Red Sox; my clothes are in the dryer and I'm getting ready to take a bath.
I sure did have a good time seeing each of you at the reunion. Thanks for all of you that brought a side dish, cranked the ice cream freezer, delivered food, picked up relatives, chased children, changed diapers or took pictures. You know who you are! BTW, don't forget to share those pictures either by posting on the blog or sending copies to all of us.
We previewed the pictures from Rachel's camera Saturday afternoon and Chuck pronounced them just fine! Marisa and Amanda, we have a precious picture of the new baby boys that you will have to blow up and frame.
It was great getting to meet the next generation. Let's remember to tell them how important family is and encourage them to always stay in touch. For those of you that weren't there, you were missed...and we talked about you all. Read that as you will.
It was a good time. Let's do it again!
Candy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
howdy all! we had such a great time at the reunion!! glad sullivan got to meet everyone and lauren & carson had a blast!!! thank you so much for creating such a wonderful gathering! i know a lot of hard work went into it and it is most appreciated!!!!
the kids & I are staying with daddy for the week. nick and cort will stay till wed. i believe. they just picked up lauren to go to hurricane harbor!!! how fun! daddy and i will relax with sully!!!
the blog is really cool! saw it for 1st time last nite!! please post reunion pics soon!! cant wait to see them!! love to all!!!-marisa ellen cusenbary-patteson
Hi, all! Well, I must admit that I wasn't one brought anything, didn't take pictures, chase children, pick up anyone, or anything else productive, other than show up! Sorry about that. Hopefully next time I will be better (hope springs eternal!). HOWEVER - Boyd and I had a great time and it was wonderful seeing everyone that was there, and trying to keep up with who all those little rugrats were, and who they belonged to!!! We need that posted for sure! Please share all photos, however you want, and we will be most appreciative. Thanks, Candy for all your hard work, and for the use of your beautiful house and yard. And Susan, thanks for showing us your house and garden - it's wonderful!!! Thank you all for all your contributions and hard work. It was a wonderful day. Aunt Fay, Uncle Dan, Dan Jr., Marguerite, Mom, and mother would be so happy we're doing this.
Love, Suzy
I just got through talking to Rachel and she tells me she will try to email pictures to me tonight or tomorrow night. Film at 11, as they say.
Marisa, I can't wait till you see the pictures she took of your adorable baby. You and Amanda are doing us proud with the latest additions.
Candy
Well I just have to say that I'm proud to be related to each one of you. It was fun to finally meet the new additions. If Lala had been there, she would have tried to hold all the babies at once!
I can't wait to see all the pictures.
Susan
First chance I've had to get on the blog since the trip to WF - my computer sometimes does not like to communicate with blogger for some reason. Any way....I can only echo what everyone else has said about what a great reunion we had. Like Suzy, I was one who pretty much didn't make or bring anything, but all the same it was great to be there and be a part of it all! My deepest gratitude to Candy and Steve for being so gracious to open their home and back yard for all of us. Like Candy said, we need to keep up the emphasis on how important these family ties are to the younger generation because all of us old folks grew up in a time when we were all closer geographically to make the trips to Graham for all the reunions in the big back yard on Fourth Street, and if we don't encourage them, well, it's just so easy to lose touch. Chuck had such a wonderful time, too, but he was surprised to find out that there are so many who live right around here in the DFW metroplex that never get in touch. We should all do something about that, too. Again, thank you all!
Post a Comment