Sunday, August 26, 2012

Got a Boo Boo!

Just wanted to give everyone a little update on Daddy.  On Monday night he fell outside and conked his head on the edge of the driveway.  They didn't call me until the next morning....but I headed over there as soon as I could get dressed and out the door!  They should have gone to the ER that night, but since they didn't and he still appeared to be speaking English in complete sentences, I agreed to take him to his ENT doctor instead.  Ended up seeing a (very young!!) new doctor, which we both liked.....who cleaned and stitched up his ear, and removed the leftover grass from behind his ear.

He had quite a goose egg over his left eye and a whole lot of bruising which gave him quite a "shiner". The bruising has now started to dissipate, and his ear is looking like it's on the mend.

He had an appointment with an orthopedic doctor on Thursday....totally unrelated to the fall....and the doctor told us that he needs hip replacement on his left hip. He saw the same doctor that did successful hip replacement on Lyndell's dad (age 91) last spring.  After he gets clearance from his cardiologist, we should be able to move forward with the surgery.  I hope it takes care of the pain that he has had for way too long!!

I had difficulty deciding which picture was the least "unpleasant",  ultimately opting for the one I took after I got him home from the doctor.......Smiling!

My best to everyone!


6 comments:

Celeste said...

Wow!! I still can't get over the part of them not calling you until the next morning! Talk about stubborn, but I guess I should be grateful that they did call you then and I am so grateful that you were there to take him to the doctor and get him stitched up, plus finding out the news on the hip replacement. I sure do hope that is okayed by the cardiologist because it would sure be wonderful to eliminate that awful pain he has been putting up with. Thank you so much, Cathy, for sharing the photo - in spite of the head wrap and the black eye, he is still such a cutie!!! Give him a huge hug for me!!

Candy said...

I saw Mindy at the doctor's office last week and she was sharing pics from her phone. Wow-EE! He was also smiling in her pictures. Such a trouper. I hope the hip surgery is possible. That would be such a relief.
Love you,
candy

Celeste said...

Chuck's comments when I showed him this pic was "it looks like he lost that round!" Later on he was saying wonder what the other guy looked like - he's such a funny!!

Jody Leming said...

Good Gravy....what an eye!!! Bless his heart. Give him a big hug from me....I have alot of stuff to mail him and Hazel and the Dowdles, tell him I'll get to it soon. Hopefully before his birthday of the 10th (and Moma's too). Love to all of you and thanks for keeping us informed way up here. God bless!!! Jody

Unknown said...

Good Grief!!!! I'm not sure I'd be smiling after all that.
Hope you feel better soon.
Love you!

Suzy said...

Well, I tried to do this last night, but it didnt work. Maybe this time. We had planned to visit Collie and Hazel on Wednesday last week, but he called Tuesday night and told us that he had to cancel due to his fall. Didn't realize he looked like this though. He did say he had a black eye and a bump on his head. Hope he can get the hip replacement soon and get over some of the awful pain he's had to live with. We love them!!!!