Eden and Matt got to hear the baby's heartbeat the other day and she isn't as sick as she has been, so all is well. Just do not even consider using the 'G' name around me and we're ok. Pippa is an alternative name for the 'G' word (I looked up alternative names online LOL) and I love it. Poppa likes his name too.
On to other news:
Ruth is doing pretty well after her surgery. She has gotten all of her drainage tubes out and half of her staples. She had a great deal of lymph nodes removed along with her left breast and she will do chemo and radiation for 6 weeks or more. All prayers are welcome and needed.
Even though we went to Texas for a horrible reason, we did end up having some fun while we were there. We met up with friends and had a great time visiting them. I can tell you that I probably gained 20 lbs while we were there cause the food in North Dakota isn't too great. I ate and ate and ate and ate...well, you get the point. So, I'm now going to watch myself and start walking more.
We are currently recovering from our LONG road trip. We had to drive to be there in time for her surgery (our airport was closed for remodeling during the time we needed to go), so we did a three day drive in two LONG days. I do not plan on doing that again any time soon. I'm still tired, so is Buster.
I'll post some photos later for those of you who aren't on facebook to see, and the rest of the photos can be found on facebook now and after tomorrow, they will be found on my blog along with more stories of our trip.
Have a happy Halloween!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
good luck with getting the name you want. I wanted to be Grammie, but Owen picked Mimi...and guess who wins?
Love,
Candy
LOL. yeah, I know how it goes, but I know that Nana got her way. Mom said in the hospital, Nana said "Well, I don't know what she's going to call the rest of you, but she's calling me Nana!" It stuck. Pippa is easy to say. Mom was going to be Grammie when Eden was born, but it's too darn hard to say.
Pippa sounds like a fun name and I think it fits you, Keri. Because my grandmothers were called MamaCush and MamaKay, I wanted to be called Mama C, so that is what Caden and Brady call me, although with Brady its usually more of yell- Ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! as he rushes to lunge one of his formidable hugs at me - lol! But what ever, I'll take all that huggin' I can get. Back to names, one of my best friends looked up words for grandmother in other cultures and has her grandies call her GoGo - and it totally fits her, too. Glad that Eden is feeling better and my best wishes and prayers still going to Floyd's mom.
Post a Comment