Thursday, July 8, 2010

JODY'S HIT NORTH DAKOTA

HI COUSINS!!!! WELL HERE WE ARE!! I"VE HUGGED MY KERI AND MY MADISON. THEY BOTH LOOK WONDERFUL!! WE HAD A REALLY GOOD TRIP - SPENT THE 1st NIGHT IN GARDEN CITY, KS -- VERY NICE MOTEL BUT THE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS IN GRAHAM IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL OF THE ROOMS - THAT 3ft TALL BED WAS SOOO COMFORTABLE!! WE HAD BREAKFAST IN GREAT PLAINS, NE AT THE VILLAGE INN RESTURANT -- IT WAS GREAT - THEY HAD A DEAL WHERE YOU MAKE A CHOICE OF FOUR OF MANY CHOICES FOR$6.95 & I HAD 2 EGGS, SAUSAGE LINKS, 2 PANCAKES & FRUIT BOWL!! BUSTER HAD 2 EGGS, SAUSAGE, HASHBROWNS & FRENCH TOAST!! NICK DIDN'T GET THAT BUT GOT 3 PANCAKES & SAUSAGE BUT--THE KICKER WAS - IT WAS FREE PIE WEDNESDAY - SO FAR BE FROM ME TO BREAK THE CHAIN - I GOT THE KEY LIME PIE & BUSTER HAD THE LEMON PIE!! NICK DIDN'T WANT ANY--LORD I NEED THIS KID TO UNDERSTAND "FREE" . WED. NIGHT FOUND US IN BELLE FOURCHE, SD AND WE SLEPT IN BECAUSE IT WAS A SHORT DAY ON THURSDAY - WE LEFT THERE ABOUT 8am & DROVE TO BOWMAN,ND & DID WE EVER HAVE A GREAT BREAKFAST-- (I have this thing about breakfast - there is no meal as good as a breakfast on a trip) -- ANYWAY, I HAD A DENVER OMELETT WITH HAM, ONIONS, BELL PEPPERS & CHEESE, HASHBROWNS & TOAST --BUSTER HAD 2 EGGS, SAUSAGE, HASBROWNS, TOAST,--AND MISTER NICK HAD SCRAMBLED EGGS 4 LINK SAUGAGES, 2 PLATE-SIZE PANCAKES & TOPPED IT ALL OFF WITH SAUSAGE-GRAVY & BISCUITS!!! REMEMBER, HE IS A 16 YEAR OLD BOY!! THERE WAS LOTS OF ROAD CONSTRUCTION ON THE TRIP & WE HAD A LOT OF RAIN IN KANSAS. WE ARE REALLY TIRED BUT SO VERY GLAD TO BE HERE. THE BUZZ DID REALLY GOOD AND WAS THRILLED TO SEE HIS MOMA!! I'LL REPORT MORE LATER ON. BLESS ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS FOR US!!! LOVE YOU ALL LOTS, JODY

4 comments:

Celeste said...

Thanks for reporting in that you've reached ND safe and sound! Oh, I am so with you on the breakfasts when you're traveling - yum!!! Never eat breakfast like that at home, but when you're on a trip it's what you have to do. Or what the heck, when you just decide to go out on a Sat. or Sun. morning to eat. Love breakfast!

Suzy said...

Glad you had a good trip and arrived safely! I want to hear from you often! Love, Suzy

Unknown said...

I missed out on the breakfasts out, but Madison and I partied when they were gone. We saw Eclipse TWICE (LOVED IT!!!), ate at AppleBee's, The Trapper's Kettle, Hardee's and Don Jose's. We walked around downtown, had a girls' day with some buddies and were thrilled to see Mimi and Buzzy. We had a restful evening last night and today was the work. Mom is settled in (so far) and tomorrow, we BBQ with some of the gang around the complex. Took Mom to Wal Mart and she is officially hired. She'll fill you in on all that.
We'll keep in touch more so than we've done. I promise. LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!

Candy said...

Well, Jody, I'm glad you are where you want to be, but my eyes are teary and I may sniffle in a minute. Hugs to you and yours. Be safe...don't forget your Texas cousins. And for goodness sake, don't lose your accent.
Love you,
Candy