Hey everyone...
Now that things have calmed down, I have a chance to fill you all in on what's been going on around here.
Yesterday, Buster (Floyd) went to work and then called me and said "I'm on my way home, you have to take me to the ER", so I did. He was having chest pain.
The nurses got him in there right away. They gave him two shots of some type in his belly (said that was awful) and then two nitro pills. he had EKGs and all kinds of other things.
The DR said that it was his heart, so they kept him in the hospital to monitor his cardiac enzymes to see if he really had a real heart attack or if this was just a scary warning. We were told he might have to go to a bigger hospital in Minot, ND
He did not have a real heart attack. He is going on Nov 7th for a stress test (he's had lots of stress at work lately, so this makes sense to me) and then we'll know for sure if he's got a real heart problem that we need to worry about or if this was just a reaction to being extremely stressed or if it may even be severe acid reflux. No matter...I've got him on a strict diet and he's on high blood pressure meds now.
We are very thankful for the wonderful friends we've made here in North Dakota. It's hard to be away from Buster's Mom and Dad in Graham and his brother in the Metroplex, so knowing that we have a great family of friends here means alot. We've had people offering to do errands for us, drive me to Minot if needed and prayers.
He's at home now and on the mend, but if you can add a prayer for him to be ok, that'd be wonderful.
I didn't want to post anything (didn't have a lot of time to either) on FaceBook cause we haven't told his Mom yet. With her health issues, I didn't want to worry her with unknowns, so she is going to be told sometime today. So, if you know her, please don't call her! LOL
I'd also like to thank my wonderful Brother in Law, Joseph and my amazing sister in law, Tami for being 'there' for us even though they are 1500 miles away.
Love to all,
Keri
Now that things have calmed down, I have a chance to fill you all in on what's been going on around here.
Yesterday, Buster (Floyd) went to work and then called me and said "I'm on my way home, you have to take me to the ER", so I did. He was having chest pain.
The nurses got him in there right away. They gave him two shots of some type in his belly (said that was awful) and then two nitro pills. he had EKGs and all kinds of other things.
The DR said that it was his heart, so they kept him in the hospital to monitor his cardiac enzymes to see if he really had a real heart attack or if this was just a scary warning. We were told he might have to go to a bigger hospital in Minot, ND
He did not have a real heart attack. He is going on Nov 7th for a stress test (he's had lots of stress at work lately, so this makes sense to me) and then we'll know for sure if he's got a real heart problem that we need to worry about or if this was just a reaction to being extremely stressed or if it may even be severe acid reflux. No matter...I've got him on a strict diet and he's on high blood pressure meds now.
We are very thankful for the wonderful friends we've made here in North Dakota. It's hard to be away from Buster's Mom and Dad in Graham and his brother in the Metroplex, so knowing that we have a great family of friends here means alot. We've had people offering to do errands for us, drive me to Minot if needed and prayers.
He's at home now and on the mend, but if you can add a prayer for him to be ok, that'd be wonderful.
I didn't want to post anything (didn't have a lot of time to either) on FaceBook cause we haven't told his Mom yet. With her health issues, I didn't want to worry her with unknowns, so she is going to be told sometime today. So, if you know her, please don't call her! LOL
I'd also like to thank my wonderful Brother in Law, Joseph and my amazing sister in law, Tami for being 'there' for us even though they are 1500 miles away.
Love to all,
Keri
5 comments:
Good heavens! Prayers from your Texas cousins, Keri.
Stick to the diet. It works.
Love you,
Candy
That sounds pretty scary. Y'all better take care of yourselves and keep us posted - we love you!
Susan
Thanks Candy and Susan!
I'd like to ask all health pro's in our family to send any advice/diet tips to my email at
kboda35@gmail.com
I've got him on the cardiac diet and we are going to follow weight watchers point system.
Candy has lots of great weight watcher recipes. Get her to email them to you. Good luck!
Susan
So glad he is doing better, Keri. I know how scary such episodes can be. Follow drs. orders and the big thing on the cardiac diet is high fiber, low fat. Lots of fruits and veggies. Still wishing I could convince Chuck of this sixteen or so years since his heart attack. Wonderful that y'all have found such friendships since you are so far from family, but thanks to the internet, we are still very close in lots of ways!
Post a Comment