Thursday, June 14, 2012

JUNE BIRTHDAYS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL OUR JUNE BABIES.   Today is extra special for me because they always fly the flag on Melton's birthday. (He thought it was for him and I let him think that!!!  LOL)  So much has happened since he's been gone...REMOTE CONTROLS...he would have loved them....I can see him and Lala having a dueling battle of remotes...Lala got very fast in her later years!!!  lol  And I imagine he would be like a texting fool.  And of course his grandbabies...Eden, Nick and Madison...I know he is so proud of them.  And it is scary how much like Melton is Buster (aka Floyd).  I am so glad that he & Melton got to know each other.    AND he would adore Miss Lily Liane Derry....who wouldn't.  I like to think he would have been proud of me making it all those years without him.....and now to be living in North Dakota.
AND SUNDAY WAS GRANDDADDY'S BIRTHDAY....What can you say about him except that he was a wonderful Christian man who loved all of us.  Being the eldest of the grandkids, I hate to tell you all this, but he really spoiled me....now, I know you're surprised and shocked but it is true.  I'd go down to the CourtHouse after school and go into his office and he'd ask me if I needed a new billfold!!   Well, of course I did and we would go over to Cave's Variety store and I would pick on out....I was in the "baby-blue" faze most of the time.  I know he's up there watching all of us and hoping that the Cowboys and the Rangers will do well next season.  I would love to be sitting on that old icecream freezer, listening to Mr. Owens and Mr. Dan telling stories.  And I loved all the tricks he would play at Christmas with Granny's presents.....what a sense of humor he had.!!!
TO ALL OF OUR LOVED ONES IN HEAVEN,  I know you know how much you are missed by all of us BUT knowing that we will see you again keeps me going on and I know all the cousins feel that way.
Well, I've got tears all over my laptop and my nose is stopped up  Love all of you guys!!  Jody the Elder

2 comments:

Candy said...

I'm glad I knew Melton too. He was a sweety.
My Granddaddy was one of a kind. I love to tell people that I am Dan, Jr.'s daughter. They all have stories about either Daddy or Granddaddy.
Love you all,
Candy

Celeste said...

Awww, well y'all are making me cry. Today as the kids were here for Father's Day we started looking through one of my photo albums and the kids were trying to figure out who was who in that one shot I have of most of us grandkids from Grandaddy and MamaCush's 50th wedding anniversary in 1966! The kids had not even seen a photo of Melton before and I am glad I could introduce him to them in that small way. (They usually don't want to look through my old albums that go way, way back) But any way, it was cool. And yes....Grandaddy and Uncle Dan - what complete sweethearts and yes, JoAnn - we all knew you were spoiled - hahaha!!! Love you all and I am so proud of the fact we come from such strong and sweet people and we miss them every moment.